Chapter 3 ~ A Fox?

|
|
|

*This chapter will contain a lot of narrating and not much character talking*

|

As Dream walked through the woods making his way home he felt odd, not quite a sick feeling but a feeling as if someone was there, watching him, following him.  He looked around trying to find someone hoping that no one was there as he was without his armor and weaponry. 

He felt a little at ease when he just saw a fox roam around picking up berries from the freezing ground.  He walked over to the small fox and bent down to its eye level, he picked some berries hastily and held them in his warm hands for the fox to nibble on.  “Come on little one you must be freezing, you can come with me for the night.”  stated Dream in a very calm and caring tone.  

The fox tilted its head and quickly ate the berries before rubbing against Dream's hand, Dream took this as a sign and picked up the fox making his way to his home as the fox fell asleep in Dream's warm embrace. 

Little did Dream know that there was indeed someone following him, watching him.  They stood in the dark staring in shock as Dream was caring for the small creature.  Which in others eyes was rare as they have never seen him care for anyone or anything but himself. 

Which of course was wrong since he has always cared for people and animals though everyone else was so blind, they couldn’t see this which was the good in him and could only see the worst in him.  Dream continued to make his way home oblivious to the person following quickly behind. 

Once Dream finally made it home he set the small fox down on his bed covering it with a blanket hoping not to wake the small creature from its slumber. Dream sat at the end of the bed watching it sleep wondering if it was a he or a she and what to name it.  Dream decided to sleep and think about it in the morning when the fox is awake.

|

  Dream went to his guest room that he had made just in case Techno or Wilbur or someone decided to stop by for a night or two.  As Dream climbed in the guest bed and snuggled under the cover slowly drifting off to bed.  The unknown person watched through the window smirking. 

Once Dream was asleep the unknown person walked into the house searching through it silently looking for something.  Though they never found what they were looking for and eventually had to leave as to not get caught when Dream awoke.  Once the clock hit 6:00 am Dream got up and went to gather berries to make breakfast for the fox and himself. 

He searched through the forest picking different types of berries while making sure none of them were poisonous or harmful to the fox, using the knowledge he learned from Techno and Phil while staying with them after he escaped from the cell which he was imprisoned in.  

Once Dream collected all the berries he needed he made his way back to his house to make breakfast.  He cut up some of the berries and put them in a bowl for the fox, he then made his own breakfast using some berries and milk. 

He went up to his room to check on the small creature.  Once he opened the door the fox ran up Dream's body and held on to his shoulder.  This spooked Dream at first but Dream was fine with it and ruffled the foxes hair. 

“Hey little one I made breakfast, and after you eat we can come up with a name for you.” softly whispered Dream. 

The fox just sat there and nodded its head, Dream walked over to his table and sat the fox down.  He walked back to the kitchen and grabbed the two bowls, he then walked back to the table and set down the bowls, one in front of the fox and the other in front of himself. 

They both sat in silence and ate their food, once they both finished Dream cleaned up everything.  Once he finished he sat down with the fox.  “So little one you're going to need a name but first I need to know your gender.  So how about this nod once if you're a male or nod twice if you're female.” stated Dream watching the fox closely to see what he does. 

The fox nodded once and sat with his head tilted towards Dream.  “So you're a boy, great.  Now we just need to come up with a name, hmm, how about Sly?” questioned Dream.  The Fox wagged his tail signaling to Dream that he likes the name. 

“Haha Sly it is.” Dream smiled and patted Sly’s head as Sly cuddled on Dream's lap.  

|
|
|

*Ello everyone I hope you enjoyed this chapter.  Sorry It’s been a bit since I uploaded a chapter, a lot has been going on with the holidays and family stuff.  But anyways I’ll be coming out with another chapter sometime soon as long as school doesn’t get in my way.*