A New Friend

🥀3rd Point Of View🥀

It was coming close to Scrooge's birthday and even though he hated the reminder of it, Maria wanted to get him a meanful gift, She had tried to look online but the search kept bringing her to various sites that recommended bowties and even a bizarre pair of 3D glasses.

It felt like the task of buying online became stressful as Maria closed her laptop and took a moment to take a look outside her shop window, Gazing at the various shops that surrounded her. Placing a sign that read 'Back in a few minutes, Sorry for any delays!', Maria grabbed her bag and started to walk down the street. 

A Matter Of Time was the name of the newest antique shop that had opened up down the street from her shop, Causing Maria to know that her uncle's gift was sure to be in here as she entered the shop, Hearing the wind chimes as she closed the door behind her. Maria was in awe at the many items and objects on the shelves, Kneeling down to have a better look at the artifacts on display before noticing someone coming out from the back.

??: Violet!!, How many times do I have to tell you, Don't change the stock on the shelves without my...Oh hey, Let me guess, Looking for something for someone?"

Maria: "Actually I'm trying to find a birthday gift for my uncle but I'm trying to find one that holds a lot of value"

The woman places the box on the counter, Stepping from behind and stands beside Maria, Smiling as she soon recognises who Maria is, Holding out her hand as Maria smiles, Shaking her hand with enthusiasm.

??: "Your'e the girl who owns the flower shop up the street aren't ya?, Names Autumn, Running this shop whilst my granddad is out of town" 

Maria: "Nice to meet a fellow businesswoman, I'm Maria, Maria 'Rose' Mcduck"

Autumn stops in place, Her brain stopping for a moment before speaking.

Autumn: "Wait...Mcduck, As in part of the Mcduck family??"

Maria nods her head as Autumn takes her by the hand and drags her towards the shelves filled with various items, Ranging from potions, Rings and even various charms that sparkled from above.

Autumn: "These are the most bought items for the most adventurous adventure, Perfect for your uncle, Go ahead and pick what you want!"

Maria: "Umm, I'm just don't know what to get him, You know, Him being the richest duck in the world"

Autumn nods before staring at the items around them, Suddenly seeing an item that may suit Maria preference.

Autumn: "How about this....This pocketwatch, It has a remarkable secret about it, Lean in closer since I can tell that you have an curious look in your eyes"

Maria looks around, Making sure they were both alone before leaning in, Noticing Autumn's smirk as she turned off the lights above them and held up the pocketwatch, Pulling out a touch to hold beneath her face.

Autumn: "This pocketwatch was crafted by a coven of witches, Hoping this would stop time and to keep their youth eternal, Unfortunately the spell backfired and the witches were turned to dust but not this watch"

Maria: *Gasps* "Oh goodness, I think I heard this legend from my uncle, He's been trying to find this for ages, He was the one to defeat them you know, This will be the perfect gift!"

Autumn: "No way!, That's so like your uncle to be quite the legend, Here let me ring you up!"

Autumn turns on the lights again before jumping over the counter as Maria took out her purse, Handing her money over before placing her change in the tip jar, Making Autumn gasp, Holding up the jar to the light before taking the money out and standing beside her.

Autumn: "You and me are going to get some coffee, We're hanging out right now!!, Violet you're in charge, Don't change the stock!"

Maria lets out a laugh, Smiling as Autumn linked her arm together with Maria's as the two started to walk to the coffee shop and thus a friendship was born on a Wednesday morning making Maria smile.

Being glad to make a new friend.