000. far from home

far from home / prologue

NABILA MIKAELSON'S worst fear was dying.

Who could blame her when she lived in a world where the supernatural and the immortals existed. Besides the fact that her entire family were either a supernatural being or a part of it, Nabila herself was born with magic of her own.

Being the creation of a one nightstand between an original vampire —also the only tribrid known to man— Klaus Mikaelson, and a werewolf from one of the most important wolf packs, Hayley Marshall, came Nabila Mikaelson, alongside her twin sister, Hope Mikaelson.

Unlike her sister Hope, Nabila didn't inherit the wolf gene like everyone had anticipated. And unlike Nabila, Hope didn't inherit the vampire gene. It was an inexplicable and mysterious concept that even the witches couldn't comprehend.

All that was really known was that each sister had their own magic within them, Hope more than Nabila since she was the oldest —by a close minute.

Nabila Mikaelson was a witch, a great one too thanks to her aunt Freya's weekly lessons of 'witchy magic fun', as she would call them. And although she dreaded them because her sister would always outshine her as usual, she enjoyed the time she spent with her aunt. She was almost like a second mother to her, just as Freya saw her as the daughter she wished she had.

Speaking of the daughter she wished had, Nabila Mikaelson was the perfect example of that. It was no surprise that she and her mother never got along, and who could blame them when her perfect sister was already, 'the perfect daughter'.

But at least that's exactly what she was in her father's eyes, her perfect little girl. He loved her more than anything in the world, and despite trying to hide his 'obvious' favoritism, everyone knew that Klaus Mikaelson's preferred child was Nabila.

Everyone knew that Klaus would die before anything happened to either of his children, or if anyone caused them any harm.

So when the news broke out that one of her daughters had mysteriously disappeared in the middle of the day, leaving no trace but dry stains of blood, Klaus Mikaelson lost it.

"I don't give a damn if we have to search the seven seas for her, but you find her you hear me?!"

How could he keep calm when even the most powerful with alive, Freya, couldn't locate her. It was almost like Nabila never existed.