002. the girl who cried vampire?

the girl who cried vampire? / chapter two

NABILA DIDN'T KNOW IT YET, but she was running on a timer. The more time she spent unconscious, the harder it would be to control her urges. The same urges that were going to surprise her when she would wake from her two hour knock out on the couch of the same man that saved her life.

After the events that led to her waking up on the busted up couch, she wished she hadn't been saved.

"You do realize how bad this looks, right?" A voice spoke out in an argumentized tone.

"Well, what were we supposed to do, leave her there?" A younger one argued back.

"Uh, yea. That's exactly what we should have done." He sassed.

"She hasn't even woken up. We can't just kick her out."

"Miguel, for all we know, she could be one of the most wanted criminals in the world and we just helped her escape! Do you know what that makes us? Accomplices!"

"Really, sensei? I mean look at her? She's harmless." The boy laughed.

"Yea, you're laughing now but you won't when you get your head chopped by the end of the day. I'm gonna go grab a beer." The man shook his head, leaving him with his words in his mouth.

"Oh, come on. You're being dramatic." He said as he sighed, letting him go and sitting by the couch where the girl laid.

"I'm sorry about him. He's my sensei." He began talking to her as if she were awake. "I promise he's not always that bad. He just... has trust issues you know?"

When there was no response, the boy face palmed himself. "Who am I kidding, you can't even hear me."

Nabila couldn't help pretending she was awake any longer and laughed at the boy who thought wasn't being heard.

"You're awake." He sounded scared, and slightly embarrassed.

"Yea, sorry. I didn't want to interrupt your conversation." She admitted.

"You mean the one with my sensei or the I was having with myself?" He chuckled, blushing a little once they made eye contact. He hadn't really taken notice of her face earlier due to the fact that they were too busy trying to outrun the guards.

"Both?" She replied, causing them both to laugh.

"What's your name?" He asked.