005. vamp tricks

vamp tricks / chapter five

IF THERE WAS one person in the world that Nabila hated more than her father, it was Kai Parker. She thought to herself, what kind of person ruins someone's first kiss? That was a question that she was too embarrassed to ask.

All her mind could really think about were the events of last night, were she swore she had never been so humiliated in her entire life. She had been hiding in her 'room' since then, avoiding Kai and unable to sleep.

She heard the sound of footsteps approaching and immediately locked the door using her mind. It wasn't the first time he had come to bother her with excuses, as last night he had knocked on her door about ten times.

"Really?" Kai's muffled voiced called out. "Ok, now you're just being petty. Open the door."

Nabila rolled her eyes at his irrelevant comment, deciding to ignore him until he eventually left again, only she could still hear him breathing through the door.

"I'm not leaving until you open the door, child." He persisted, and she knew he was being serious. She finally unlocked the door the way she had locked it.

"I said open—" He paused for a brief second, opening the door. "Oh."

"What do you want, Kai?" She asked annoyingly, her eyes scanning an old book that had probably been sitting on that shelves for years.

He cleared his throat before speaking, while both his hands were firm on his hips. "Breakfast is ready."

"Not hungry."

"Don't care, you're coming downstairs now." He demanded, but not in an irritated voice. Nabila knew for a fact that he was making a joke out of everything, and that he could care less about what happened last night.

"No." Was all she said, unconsciously throwing him the book she held in her hands.

"Ouch?" He dramatically rubbed the area where he was hit. "Are you done taking it out on me? Because I have some more news."

"Kai, I really don't care about what anything you have to say. So can you-"

"You have school." He casually added, picking up the book and scanning it with his eyes. "Wow, good book. The ending though, very disappointing."