(Chapter 8)Thank You For The Venom

I returned from my slip into darkness and re-entered consciousness, yet keeping my eyes closed. I could tell I was lying down on a mattress, someone's firm grip around my waist and their head rested above mine. A slight headache buzzed as I tried to open my eyes, eventually being able to pry them open and be faced with a window of dimmed sunlight pooling into the room. I was still in the hotel as the same room plan and adornments were present. 

I tried to move but their grasp pulled me closer into their chest, kissing the top of my head. "Mornin' Y/n," Gerard's groggy voice whispered. So that's who I was with, I don't know why I would think it was anybody but Gee, but it's been a wacky few days so anything could happen. 

"Mm morning Gerard," I said as I turned to face him. 

"How are you feeling, Dear?" He inquired as he combed his fingers through my messy hair, untangling it slightly. 

"I have a little bit of a headache and my neck's sore," I said, tracing over where my neck hurt. As I did that, I remembered what the fuck happened the previous night, which caused me to sit up slightly becoming aware of my surroundings. Fear washed over my features as I looked over to him, how am I not dead? What's stopping him from doing it soon? A tear ran down my cheek as the moments before my blackout replayed in my mind. 

"Sugar, don't be scared, I'm not going to hurt you any more than I already did. I'm so sorry but I kind of had to do that to you." He said with remorse causing him to look away from my gaze.

"Wh-why?" I asked simply. 

He brought me down to lay in his lap as he resettled down on the bed. "Well, for starters, you caught me walking away from where I had just sucked someone's blood. Two, it would have not been ideal for you to see that and then tell the police that it was me who killed those people. I had two options from my standpoint, kill you or turn you into a vampire," he explained while holding me close to calm me down. 

My eyes shot open wide as I heard the last sentence he uttered. "What I'm a vampire now?!" I spoke the first thought that popped up in my mind. 

"Well... yeah. I'm so, so sorry Y/n, I just didn't want to have to be without you. That was the only option, I swear if there was a way around it I wouldn't have turned you, but as I said it was the only thing to do," he said looking down at me with sorrow and seriousness, letting me know he was genuine in his words. 

I took some deep breaths to regulate my breathing and calm myself down again. "It's going to be okay, Sugar. I'll be here to help you get accustomed to your new abilities and everything," he assured, kissing my temple. 

We settled into a short silence as this information set in my mind and I reached acceptance. I always thought it would be pretty cool to be a vampire, so it couldn't be that bad. It seemed logical, I probably would have done the same if I was in his shoes. I hummed in understanding and knowledge of why this happened. 

"Why did you kill those people? Was it just for sport?" I questioned. 

"Well, to be honest, that first girl I killed was just 'cause I was hungry. I hadn't fed in a while which was stupid of me, so I had to stage it as a murder y'know so nobody would be suspicious. Pete was just for sport and to kind of mess with you," He chuckled darkly. "And this is gonna sound fucking desperate, but the last guy was because your blood was so enticing and I had to control myself, so when you left I lost that control and ended up sucking that dude's blood," He said sounding a little bit embarrassed. 

"Really?" I laughed. "My blood was so arousing that you had to take it out on someone else? I guess I'll take that as a compliment," I said a little pleased with myself. "One more question, why the fuck did I see Billie Joe fleeing the kitchen when Pete was murdered?" I asked confused, was my brain just messing with me? 

"It's called telepathy, I manipulated your thoughts. You were right when you thought someone was trailing you when you were going to the kitchen it was me bitch. Also what comes with telepathy is reading thoughts. You'll learn how to do that soon," he explained. 

"Ooooh that's sick, I mean fucking creepy but cool. Do you read people's thoughts at random? I said intrigued. 

"Sometimes, yeah. I can't control it at times, but for the most part, I can keep it controlled. It's kinda an Edward Cullen situation where I'll hear a lot of people thinking about how hot I am or shit. It can be uncomfy at times." He responded showing his discomfort in his facial expression. 

"Way to brag, but yeah that would be weird," I chuckled, moving to where I was straddling his waist. My right hand cupped the side of his face as I kissed him softly. He seemed to melt under my touch and was quick to reciprocate. 

As we parted, shock seemed present in those hazel eyes. I raised a brow in silent questioning. "I honestly didn't think you would consider being with me after what I've done to you," he said ashamed. "I thought you would be disgusted with me or something, I'm kind of a monster to do this to you," He said moving a strand of hair behind my ear. 

"Well, I was shocked but I get it. You did what you had to do and I understand. Hell, I've always thought being a vampire was rad," I smiled and pecked his lips, letting him know I forgave him. 

"Thanks, I don't think I'll forgive myself but I'll just have to figure out a way to live." He said, almost to himself. 

The room grew silent again until, "We're gonna have to leave soon for obvious reasons," he spoke. 

"Mhm," I  said as my eyelids began to grow heavy again and the prospect of a light nap became desirable. 

"Well, I'll let you sleep, and then we're out of here, okay?" He confirmed as he got comfortable again, holding me as I lay my head against his chest. 

I gave a weak nod before becoming fully overcome with sleepiness and gave in to a short slumber.