Chapter 15: The fall of the Moon

"Zuko... Zuko we need to go back..." I said as loud as I could through the loud winds. "This blizzard is just going to get stronger and we're not going to survive this without shelter." I added, but Zuko continued moving forward. "Zuko please! I don't want to lose you and Aang! And I definitely don't want to die by freezing to death!" "You won't freeze to death." Zuko finally said as he continued walking. "I promise." He said and tightened his hold around me.

But like always, karma was listening to us and jinxed us. Because the second Zuko placed one of his feet down, the ice under him started cracking. Zuko froze as he and I looked down with wide worried eyes. "Oh no..." I said before Zuko tightened his hold even more around me and started running. The ice started cracking more and started to cave in as well. "Hold on!" Zuko cried out to as one arm held me and the other held on the Aang on his back.

Zuko speeded up his running before he jumped. Instead of landing on his feet, Zuko tripped and the three of us rolled down in the snow. Both Zuko and I breathed deeply as we looked over to the caved in ice. "That was to close." I said through deep breaths. Zuko nodded and crawled over to me. "Are you okay?" He asked me while checking me. "I think so... you?" I answered and asked as I looked up to him. "Yeah..." He answered before looking in a distance.

Before I could question what he was looking at, Zuko sighed in relief and picked me up. "Shelter." He said in relief before picking Aang up as well. I looked over to where he was looking and saw a cave, making me sigh in relief immediately. "Thank goodness!" I said as Zuko walked over to the cave and entered inside. He placed both Aang and I down before he took the rope around his body off and started tying Aang up.

"Is that really necessary?" I asked as I watched my boyfriend tie up my brother, while I myself was still tied up. "Yes." Zuko answered without even looking to me. "Can you at least untie me?" I asked with a raised eyebrow, getting him to look over to me. "No." He answered before standing up and started making a fire. "You and I both know you will attack me the second I release you." He said as he worked with the fire. "You know me so well." I said with a half smirk.

"So, what's the plan now?" I asked Zuko and looked over to him, but he was at the cave entrance, staring in a distance. I sighed and rested my head on the cave wall behind me. "You don't have a plan do you?" I asked without even looking at him. Instead of getting an answer, I was met with silence, making quietly groan. "Of coarse." I sighed before closing my eyes for a moment.

***

Closing my eyes for a moment caused me to fall asleep, because when I opened my eyes, I saw that I was laying down on the ground, next to Aang. Zuko must have moved me here when he saw me sleeping. "I finally have you," I suddenly heard Zuko say. I slightly frowned at his comment but stayed quiet. "But I can't get you home because of this blizzard." He continued speaking before standing up and stood at the entrance of the cave. "There's always something."

I quickly realized that Zuko was talking to Aang and not me, and that Zuko didn't know that I was awake. Before I could tell him I was awake, he continued speaking to Aang. "Not that you would understand. You're like my sister." My eyes widen in shock when I heard that. I didn't know Zuko has a sister. "Everything always came easy to her. She's a firebending prodigy, and everyone adores her." Zuko continued, his voice full with annoyance and hurt.

"My father says she was born lucky. He says I was lucky to be born." I silently gasped when I heard his words. I already knew that the Fire Lord doesn't love his son, but saying that to Zuko even before he got burned, just tells me how hard Zuko's life was in the Fire Nation. "I don't need luck, though. I don't want it. I've always had to struggle and fight and that's made me strong. It's made me who I am." Zuko finished before turning his back to the cave entrance.