Chapter 2: The Avatar and Protector Returns

Not long after the flare went off, Sokka marched right up to me with a glare. "I knew it! You're working for the Fire Nation!" He exclaimed in anger as he pointed me. "You stayed here to distract us while your brother went off and signal them! You're sending them right to us!" He continued as kept stepping forward, still pointing at me.

I looked at him surprised, shocked of what he was thinking of Aang and I. But I soon started glaring at him annoyed. "How about you get your facts straight before you start blaming people!" I snapped as I slapped his hand away from me. "How about that flare!" Sokka exclaimed as he pointed up, to the flare. "That's enough proof for me!" He added, giving me a death glare, which I returned.

I open my mouth, about to scream at him, but was interrupted when Kai chirped in excitement. Not a moment later, the children of the village started cheering in excitement, say that Aang was back while they run out of the village and towards him and Katara, that was walking back to the village. I gave Sokka one last death glare, and run over to my brother.

Seeing me, Aang slowly started laughing and smiling nervously, but I just gave him the sister-disappointed glare, which he knew all to well. He always got that glare when he's curiosity got the best of him, or when he did something that he knew would get him into trouble. Aang tried to do his innocent sparkle eyes, but after years of practice, I wasn't affected by it. So I just deepen my glare, which made him flinch.

"I'm in trouble, aren't I?" Aang asked nervously as he scratched behind his neck. "You tell me." I simple said as I crossed my arms at him. But before Aang could say anything, Sokka came over with his own death glare. Only his glare was targeted at Aang and I, not Katara. Now that an argument was about to start, and not wanting Kai in the middle of it, I send him of to Appa and told him to wait there.

"I knew it! You signaled the Fire Navy with that flare!" Sokka exclaimed as he pointed at Aang and I. "You're leading them straight to us aren't you?" I mentally rolled my eyes that the boys paranoia, but before Aang or I could say something to defend ourselves, Katara spoke up.

"Aang didn't do anything! It was an accident!" She exclaimed, glaring at her brother. "Yeah! Katara and I were on the ship and there was this booby-trap, and well," Aang started, but he slowly got nervous as he realized how stupid they were. "We boobied right into it." He finished as he scratched behind his neck nervously.

"Aang what were you thinking?" I asked with a disappointed glare. Aang looked down, ashamed that he got into trouble. "Katara! You shouldn't have gone on that ship!" Gran Gran said to her, shaking her head in disappointment with a glare. "Now we all could be in danger!" She added, raising her voice in anger.

"Don't blame Katara!" Aang quickly said, not wanting his friend to be in trouble. "I brought her there!" He continued, putting both hands on his chest, before pulling them back down and looking down in shame. "It's my fault." I disappointedly shook my head at my brother. Not only did he go and get himself in trouble, he got Katara in it as well. Along with putting the village in danger.

"Ah ha! The traitor confesses!" Sokka exclaimed, pointing at Aang in anger, making Katara and I glare at him in annoyance. "Warriors, away from the enemies! The foreigners are banished from the village!" Aang looked down in sadness as the kids walked away. I stood expressionless, because I had mixed feelings at the moment. A part of me understood why Sokka is doing this, another part of me says he's overreacting, another part is furious at him for banishing us, and another part is sad for knowing that we had to leave.

"Sokka, you are making a mistake!" Katara said to her brother, glaring at him, but he didn't care. "No! I'm keeping my promise to dad! I'm protecting you from threats like him!" Sokka exclaimed, pointing at my brother. "Aang and Asami are not our enemies!" Katara argued, pointing at us as she tried to defend us. "Don't you see? They brought us something what we haven't had for a long time, Fun."