Chapter 26: Tales of Ba Sing Se

The Tale of Asami

A few days has past since Jet attacked us at the tea shop. Luckily the drama has settled down quickly. The four of us were back to work as quickly as well. Like today, I was wearing a dark green dress, with a red rose pattern around my waist, along with dark green fingerless long sleeve gloves. The tea shop was for once quiet. As I was busy cleaning a table, Zuko walked over to me and took the empty cups from me. He winked at me before taking the cups to the kitchen to get watched. I blushed slightly with a smile before I continued cleaning the table.

Everything was going so well, until a familiar voice spoke

Everything was going so well, until a familiar voice spoke. "Asami? Is that you?" I quickly looked up from the table before turning around. Behind me, stood the Avatar, my little brother, "Aang." I said softly in surprise with my eyes slightly wide. "It is you!" Aang exclaimed excitedly and was about to enter the tea shop when I shushed him shook my head. My little brother frowned at me in confusion, but stayed still at the door. I quickly looked around me, making sure neither Zuko or Iroh saw me, or mostly Aang, before going over to my brother.

Aang smiled brightly when I got near him and tuckled me into a tight hug. "It's great to see you Asami!" He exclaimed as he hugged as tight as possible. I couldn't help but laugh before wrapping my arms around him and hugged my little brother back. "It's great to see you too Aang." I said in the hug before pulling away with a smile. Aang smiled brightly up to me, before his smile slowly turned into a frown. "Wait a minute... If you are here, then that means..." He started off saying before his mouth fell open in shock when he looked back in the tea shop.

I looked back in as well and sighed in slight frustration. Both Zuko and Iroh were walking around, pouring and serving tea to the few customers in the tea shop. And of coarse they were in clear view for my little Avatar brother. "They are both here!?!" Aang cried out in shock before he got shushed by me. "Not so loud!" I exclaimed quietly at him as I look around us to make sure nobody heard him. "What are they doing here?" Aang asked him once I sighed in relief when I saw nobody heard him. "They're working." I said with a 'duh' tone.

Aang looked to me with a not impressed expression before speaking with his arms crossed. "I meant here in Ba Sing Se." Not knowing what else to do, I sighed before motioning to him to follow me up to the roof. He nodded and used his airbending to get on top, while I went back inside. "Hey," I said gently as I took Zuko's arm to get his attention. "I'm taking a small break." "Okay, I'll cover for you." Zuko said with a smile. I smiled back before thanking him by kissing his cheek. Zuko kissed my cheek as well before he continued serving tea, while I went to the roof.

"So, how long has it been going on with you and Zuko?" Aang asked me the second I arrived on the roof. I looked to Aang in shock, while he looked to me blankly. "How did you-" "Just because I'm a kid doesn't mean I'm stupid Asami." He said turned to face me more clearly as he sat on the roof's edge crossed leg. "I saw how worried you were when Zuko and Azula fought against each other." I mentally kicked myself as I realized I gave ourselves away, before chuckling in amusement when I heard my brother's next words. "And let's not forget Zuko's whole "I choose you; I love you; I don't need honor if I don't have you in my life", scene."