Weather Girl(1)

*Thrid Person POV* ( I aged them down to 17)

        For as long as you can remember, you have been told not to play with the Madrigal kids, especially the boy who brought bad luck. Your father never told you why but you oblied anyways.

        One afternoon, you were walking through the market and saw one of the Madrigal triplets. She had a stormy cloud over her head and her expression told you immediately that she was unhappy. Even though you were breaking your promise about the town's magical family, you hated seeing people sad so you took a deep breath and walked over to the ginger girl.

        "Hey, I noticed you were upset. What's wrong? If you don't mind me asking." You asked awkwardly. She noticed you and her face softened.

        "It's nothing! Clear skies, clear skies, clear skies..." She kept mumbling. The cloud went away after a moment and the girl's face had a smile again. "It was just my brother being VERY ANNOYING!!" She shouted the last two words as if she wanted somebody else to hear. Someone with dark brown hair snapped their head over to the girl and rolls their eyes. "Anyways, I haven't seen you before! I'm Pepa Madrigal, and you are?"

         That was it. You wanted to run away and lock yourself in an isolated room, but you didn't. You stayed still, smiling nervously.

        "Y/n. My name is Y/n." You introduced yourself the most dry way possible and you wanted to nothing but to wack yourself with a broom. Pepa gleamed and a rainbow appeared.

         "Nice to meet you Y/n. Let me introduce you to my siblings!" 'Her smile is pretty.....' You thought. You were never a social butterfly but tolerated people because you work at a cafe and adults try to make small talk. "That's my sister, Julieta, here's her deal," Pepa drags me to a pretty girl with a basket of arepas con queso. "The truth is, she can heal you with a meal!" 'why are all these words rhyming?'

        "Hi Y/n!" Julieta waves and smiles. You smile back nervously. Pepa then proceeds to drag you to the boy from earlier who glared at Pepa.

         "My hermano Bruno! He sees the future." Pepa looks at Bruno with a hint of annoyance but still manages to smile. I hold out a hand for Bruno to shake and he hesitantly does do. You give each other a small smile and go back to what you were doing before. Pepa started walking with you, away from her brother then she spoke again. "Now that you've met my siblings, I-"

         She trips on a rock that had been put there on purpose. Thunder starts to appear in the sky and small little droplets of rain started to form. Two boys who were around the same age, maybe yonger, was looking at Pepa and snickering at her. She glares at them and thunder strikes loudly before the two boys ran away, frightened. You notice that Pepa had scraped her knees and it was bleeding.

*Y/n's POV*

          "Shh...shh...Pepa, it's just some dumb kids playing pranks." I say in the most comforting tone. I put my hand on her back and Pepa almost immediately calmed herself. I smiled at her and she smiled back. "Pepa, you're bleeding..." I tell her. She shakes it off and tells me her sister will fix it. I then notice that her clothes were all soaked from the rain so I offered to walk her home. She agreed and held my hand excitedly. I feel my cheeks heat up and my heart begins to flutter.

         "Vamos, vamos!!" Pepa squeals at me. We held hands the entire way there and when we got to la casa Madrigal, it was already dark. "Thanks for walking me home, y/n. I-" What is up with her getting interupted today?

        "Y/N!!!" A voice hollow. I freeze. Oh no. "What are you doing?!" It was my dad. I slowly turn around to face him and see that his face is red from anger. "I told you to stay away from them!!"

        "Dad, I'm old enough to make my own decisions!!" I close my eyes but I can still feel my dad's look, burning into my soul. "I am allowed to go and do whatever I please." Why are you so damn sensitive, y/n?! "Just tell me why I wasn't allowed to be here? Please."

        "Because......."

To be continued...