Part 3 - The Note

-EDITED-

"𝙎𝙤 𝙩𝙚𝙡𝙡 𝙢𝙚 𝙖𝙗𝙤𝙪𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙜𝙪𝙮 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙗𝙪𝙢𝙥𝙚𝙙 𝙞𝙣𝙩𝙤 𝙤𝙣 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙬𝙖𝙮 𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚," Pieck asked and wiggled her eyebrows.

"Huh? Pieck! I literally only just saw his eyes." I answered as a waitress brought us our food.

Pieck sighed in disappointment. "Seriously Y/n? Only just his eyes?" She said as she began munching down on her sausage.

"Well yeah, and he had long brown hair-" I spoke before getting interrupted. 

"Miss Leonhart, Miss Finger!" We heard a little girl yell from outside the cafe entrance. Me and Pieck turned in the direction the sound was coming from and noticed Gabi and Falco being held by the female that we met not too long ago telling Gabi that she needed a parent or guardian to enter. "But me and Falco know Miss Leonhart and Miss Finger, their my cousin's friends. Right Falco" She asked nudging his shoulder while glaring daggers at him. "Y-yeah! He stuttered. 

"We should probably help the poor kids," Pieck suggested. "Mhm." I hummed in agreement as I got up to save Gabi and Falco. "Excuse me, ma'am, I've invited these two kids to join me and my friend for lunch, is that alright?" I questioned. "Uhm, yes. That's just fine." She straightened her back and let go of Gabi and Falco.

I took Gabi and Falco's hands and guided them to our table. "Here, take a seat kids," Pieck told them as she pointed at the two spaces in front of us. Gabi instantly took a seat in front of Pieck and Falco gently took a seat in front of me. "So, what brings you two here?" Pieck asked.

"Well, we-" 

"We were just walking by the city when we saw Reiner's girlfriend!" Gabi interrupted Falco while looking at me with a bright smile plastered on her face.

Pieck burst out in laughter while my face suddenly got warm and my hands got sweaty. My eyes were wandering around the café's walls. "Yep! Reiner's girlfriend alright!" Pieck exclaimed while wiping away a fake tear from underneath her eyelid. "Whats's next? He's gonna propose to you?" Pieck turned to me. "Holy shit, you're as red as a tomato!" She pointed to me while covering her mouth.

"Pieck! We've got two kids with us!" I pointed out.

"Ah! Fuc-" She stopped herself midway and cleared her throat. "No but seriously, your face is a legit tomato, if not a red pepper-" "Okay, okay I get it, you idiot!" I whispered loudly.

"Did I say something wrong?" Gabi asked innocently which brought me and Pieck's attention to her. "No, it's just that me and Reiner are just friends we, aren't romantically involved," I said with my nicest and most sincere voice possible while trying to calm my heart from going wild. "Awww" Pieck frowned as she whined.

"Anyway! Are you happy that you've been chosen as the next War Hammer Titan, Miss Leonhart?" Gabi changed the subject.

A million thoughts ran into my head when she had said that.

Happy? 

Happy? 

Should I be happy?

I don't know what to feel

God, what do I feel at the moment?

Stress?

Happiness?

Excitement?

Boredom?

Freedom?

"Earth to Y/n~" Pieck waved her hand in front of my face to grab my attention. "You've been staring at poor Falco, he probably thinks that you want to kill him." She said while laughing at her own joke. Falco had sweat coming down from his forehead and genuinely looked terrified. 

I cleared my throat, "I assure you I won't be killing you, Falco." I guaranteed the 12-year-old boy.

Falco sighed. "That's reassuring to hear,"

"Yeah blah blah blah, we get it. Didn't you inherit the power of the War Hammer Titan 3 weeks ago, Miss Leonhart?" Gabi asked linking to her previous question. "Uh, yeah. I did." I simply replied.

"How did you feel? Did you feel like you were about to explode? Did you feel like you were a goddess- HEY!" Falco nudged her quite harshly. "S-sorry I didn't mean to hurt you, but still you shouldn't ask Miss Leonhart so many questions, they might be personal." He advised his friend. "Fine! Maybe you're right. But you shouldn't have hit me you, idiot!" She retorted back. "Hey look I said I was sorry-" Falco was cut off by Gabi slapping his nape. Pieck was watching in amusement as she continued to munch on her last pancake. While I was biting off my last strawberry. 

I chuckled softly at the view in front of me. They do look like a cute couple.

I got up and looked at my watch, 2:53, time flies alright.

"I think it's time I head home now," I said looking at Pieck. 

"What? So soon?" She asked in disbelief.

"Yeah, I'm really tired and didn't get too much sleep last night," I informed.

"Wait! You're leaving already? But Reiner asked me to invite you to dinner today!"

What?

Dinner at the Braun family?

How will I dress? 

What if I embarrass myself?

"So are you coming, Miss Leonhart?" Gabi said with wide eyes. 

"Uh Yeah sure, I'll be there, and you don't need to call me 'Miss Leonhart' it's weird," I confirmed. "Sweet! Alright be by at 6 PM and don't be late, Miss- Y/n!" She corrected herself. I laughed slightly and nodded, "I won't be late I promise." 

"I'll take my leave now, Goodbye Pieck, Falco and I'll see you soon Gabi," I said with a smile. "Bye Y/n!" The 3 said in unison. As I walked out of the café, I couldn't help but feel someone's eyes burning through my head, I stopped in my tracks and looked around. I saw no one. I shrugged the thought off and continued my way to my apartment.

As I was making my way home I noticed a familiar bench, it was the bench where me, Annie, Reiner, Bertholdt and Marcel usually sat together before we were separated. But now it was just one man sitting on it. I sighed remembering the memories we shared together 8 years ago. 

I continued my walk as I realised that it was starting to get dark. But once again, I felt that lingering feeling that someone was staring at me, I turned around and noticed that the man on the bench was now gone. I thought nothing of it and just carried on walking. As I arrived, I sat on my bed and heard a quiet crunch. It was the letter I left on my bed before leaving. My curiosity returned. I grabbed the letter from beneath me and started opening it.

Y/n Leonhart

I opened it slowly. I started reading the lines and my heart stopped.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cliffhanger!!! Yessss!

Italics are usually thoughts or flashbacks.

~yourlocalsimp2006