Chapter 5 - Investigation

I started class the next day. I had a quick breakfast and got into an oversized hoodie and jeans. I threw on a beanie and headed to class.

I had science class first thing in the morning.

I stepped in and the teacher immediately gave me a booklet covering the whole of the class and what homework we had to do.

Great. Homework.

I sat down in a chair by the window and stared across to another classroom opposite us. There was no one in the window until someone sat down. Tall, blonde hair, glasses and freckles.

Wait! It's Daniel! I picked the best seat ever.

He looked across towards me. I peeled a small sticky note and wrote a note.

What class?

I grabbed a binder from my bag and stood it up near to edge of the desk and stuck the note on it, hoping he would see it.

While I waited for a response, I grabbed my laptop from my bag and powered it on. The teacher started the lesson and I just opened notes and started writing everything she was saying. I wanted to make sure I knew everything I could possibly need for exams.

In the first 20 minutes, I had already written two pages worth of notes. Then, she set us off to do some work. I finished quickly and organised all of my notes into folders.

I looked across to Daniel and he responded.

Photography. I hate all the people here. They're so dumb.

I started writing more notes and we practically had a full blown conversation over sticky notes.

Since I had 15 minutes until the end of class, I decided to do some research. I pulled up Google Maps and typed in the Pizza Plex. It came up with a over head view of the mall. I tried to look for any back entrances.

I looked carefully, trying not to zoom in so far it would become blurry. Eventually I saw a door around the back which appeared to lead to what I assumed was Rockstar Row. However, I didn't know how I would gain access. I figured that I could bring some tools and hope it would work.

There were only 5 minutes left off class when the teacher spoke up. "Today you will be set your first assignment. In the booklet it should be the one dated today and the due date is listed on it."

I exited class and my next one wasn't until the afternoon. I texted Daniel asking where he was. We managed to meet up at a coffee stall and sat and had some caffeine.

Afterwards, we finished our classes and it was 3pm.

I decided to wait until night to have a look around the Pizza Plex.

As darkness approached, I told Daniel I was going out somewhere. "At this time?" He said confused. I didn't want to tell him so I just ignored it. "I'll be back soon." I exited the dormitory and got into the car.

I pulled up Google Maps and put in the location and got up directions. It took about 20 minutes to get there. I didn't want to spend too long otherwise I would look suspicious.

The whole building was lifeless. It lacked energy. There were no lights and no music. I had to park down a street and walk in, since parking was completely closed.

I was immediately struck with an obstacle. There was a gate that was shut and wouldn't open. It seemed to be electric powered. Then I noticed how big the gaps were. I pushed my bag through and then squeezed through it myself. It was a tight fit, but it was better than having to jump over.

I constantly glanced around frantically, checking for security cameras. I only saw a few, but they were easy to get past. They had a clear spotlight on where they could see.

I ran around the back and found the door I though I saw on Google Maps.

Perfect.

It was locked by security but could easily be opened using a few tools. I didn't 100% percent know if it led to Rockstar Row but it was an educated guess.

I ran back to my car and drove off. I knew what I was going to do at the weekend.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry this took a moment! School is a bitch and takes up too much time. Anyways hope you enjoyed.