Chapter 7 - Dead End

I still had a long way before I got to Rockstar Row, and a lot more sneaking. I had to precariously move around the security bots to make sure I wasn't caught. I didn't dare experiment with what would happen if I was spotted.

I darted between the small hiding spots and crouched behind plants as I made it past the entrance and into the elevator. I pressed the button only to realise that the button was completely broken and gave no input.

I paced backwards down the stairs and through the gates in the entrance. I turned and there was a door to my right from facing the entry doors. I quickly dashed into them.

I suddenly found myself cautiously creeping down lots of corridors varying in shape and size. I sometimes hid in small spots as I'd hear the quiet sound of metal clashing growing louder. I watched as Chica stumbled past. I'd sometimes hear her check another hiding spot.

I kept on going until I found myself standing at the top of a staircase spiralling down underground. I quickly walked down each flight of stairs while trying to lighten my strength of each step to minimise noise.

I made it to the bottom and it felt like a maze.

The walls were covered in wires and pipes. There were rooms with TVs filled with static, corridors that led to nothing, stacks of crates and some doors that were just locked.

Eventually I ran into another staircase. This time it went up.

I climbed up and watched as a clean bot slowly sweeped back and fourth, going around in a square. I was careful not to get too close.

I reached a door, but was disappointed to find out it was jammed. I kicked, slammed, even punched it but it wouldn't budge. I knocked hard on it but no one would answer.

I walked back down and through the utility corridors again. I came back to the entrance of the mall. I was stuck, locked out of anywhere but the entrance and daycare.

I managed to slide open the entrance shutter and crawl out to look around outside. I walked around the very back.

I had to walk along the side of the mall for a good few minutes. Its huge and takes a while to get around the whole building.

Eventually, I made it to the back and had a look around. I didn't see any obvious lights, so I switched on my flashlight and had a closer look.

I saw a short, small vent. I used a miniature multi tool to screw it open. I dragged it onto the ground. I grabbed an extra hoodie I had and tied my bag to my leg. I pointed my flashlight forward and crawled inside.

Even with my light, it was still dark. I felt like all the vents were going to collapse.

My thoughts quickly became true as I suddenly plummeted down into a room full of lights and balloons. I looked up and saw a smashed vent covering I must have broken through.

"Hello?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I know this is a boring chapter but one, you need to drag it out instead of making it go by super quick, and two, I wrote half of this at 2am and I'm not rewriting it all. Also I'm sorry for not updating in a while I'm going to try and go back to getting a chapter out every few days.