Chapter 10 - Golfing Mayhem

We approached course one. He let me go first like a true gentleman. I lined up my shot and got the angle just right. I swung my bat and watched as the golf ball bounced against the corners and landed in the hole.

"Hole in one superstar!" Freddy was really proud of me. Then I watched as he did the same. We fist bumped and move on to the next course.

Course 2 was filled with small ball pits and crocodile mouths that your golf ball could fall into.

I swung and immediately my golf ball landed in the ball pit. I waited a minute before the ball shot out back onto the course. I swung again and it made it about halfway across the course.

I walked over and lined up the shot again. I struck my bag against the golf ball and it rolled into the hole. Freddy clapped and stepped onto the course.

I watched as he perfectly lined up the shot and angled the swing so he got a hole in one. I rolled my eyes. "That's just your robot AI. Not impressive." Freddy scoffed and moved on.

As we were walking to the next course, a staff bot slightly in distance looked directly in our direction. We quickly ducked behind a toddler carrier. The bot drifted towards us and did a slow 360 degrees looking around.

Eventually, the bot turned towards us and was about to sound an alarm. Suddenly, Freddy shoved me aside and swung his bat at the bot. Electric sparks flew and scraps fell to floor before it completely malfunctioned. Freddy pulled me up and we continued to the course.

We went between courses, avoiding staff bots along the way. Our scores slowly rose, but there were extremely close, only off by a couple points. Freddy was winning.

We got up to the point where we climbed up through the giant crocodile mouth and entered its body.

We cleared a few courses and came back out of its mouth.

We were walking to the next course, we heard sudden and constant stomping. We slowly walked cautiously towards the course and I prepared to line up my shot.

"Rock and roll!"

Monty suddenly jumped out from behind a wall and started stomping around, almost as if he was looking for something or someone.

Freddy quickly ushered me away from the course and took me around a few corners. The clashing of metal came closer by the second.

We dove between the obstacles in the courses, stomped through the ball pit, crawled back through the large crocodile mouth and up the stairs.

We ran back to the elevator and rapidly pushed the button. The doors began to slowly shut, but Monty ran in front of the doors and leaped into the elevator.

I tried swinging my golf bat into his eyes, but all it did was shatter his star shaped sunglasses. I quickly climbed up and hung onto a corner of the elevator, while Freddy was beneath me trying to fight Monty off of him.

Monty then shoved Freddy into a wall and started smashing both of his fists into his head. I climbed around the sides and grabbed a golf ball from my pocket. I threw at his back and Monty suddenly turned around and charged out of the elevator, as if someone outside threw it.

The doors shut and the elevator started to move up.

I quickly helped Freddy up and he surprisingly wasn't damaged. "Superstar! Are you ok?" I was speechless. "Me? Am I ok? I just saw you get your ass beat up by a crocodile and you're going to ask me if I'm ok? I'm starting to think you aren't ok."

Freddy just gave me the silent treatment and the elevator continued its ascent upwards, back to the atrium.