House Dimitrescu/Bonding

I was completely quiet during the ride in the carriage, keeping my eyes glued to the dark woods outside of the window, not wanting to meet the golden gaze I could feel burning into my skull. I was honestly surprised that Alcina could fit inside the carriage, but then again, it was her carriage, and was probably custom built to fit her height inside. When we hit a bump in the road, it was all I could do to not fall right into her lap, my face heating up with embarrassment as her gloved hands caught me, steadying me in my seat. "You do not need to fear looking at me, child. I have no intentions of harming you. I honestly find you quite fascinating. You show no signs of superior power, and yet, you are Mother Miranda's child. And your blood smells unlike anything I have ever encountered in my very long life; Sweet, and yet with a hint of spice."

                    At that, I cowered away from her, pretty uncomfortable with talking about my blood, and slowly looked up at her, finding a curious look on her face. "Well, just please keep my blood inside my body. I don't want to be some fucked up Bloody Mary cocktail." I shuddered, as her lips curled up in a smile. "A Bloody Mary? That was an amusing joke, even if it were a tad bit offensive." I swallowed hard, honestly wanting to jump out of the carriage, and run back to Donna, but I was too terrified of getting her into trouble with my "mother", and I also didn't really know how to get back to her house from where we were. As the carriage suddenly stopped, Alcina pushed open the door, and slowly stepped out, before offering one hand to me to help me step out. I hesitated, before taking her hand, her fingers lacing with mine as my feet hit the ground, and my jaw dropped in awe at the sight of the gigantic castle we were standing in front of. "This is where you live? It's.. Beautiful."

                      Alcina seemed a bit surprised at my words, and another smile crossed her face, this one more gentle than the ravenous one I kept seeing. "I haven't heard someone speak of my castle as beautiful in a very long time. Most find it terrifying, and there are some.. Unusual creatures contained within it that make it rightfully so, but my daughters and I have grown very fond of it, and it is our home." Confused, I followed her inside, surprised at how warm it was, given how cold it was outside. "I didn't know that you had dau-" A loud shriek came out of me, as a tall, red haired woman appeared out of what looked like thin air, dried blood smeared across her mouth, a buzzing swarm of flies circling her. Her mouth stretched into a wolfish grin, baring her teeth like a wild animal, and she laughed insanely, like she was excited that she had nearly given me a heart attack. Her smile faded after a minute, as she stared at me, and that's when I realized that I was shaking in terror, my heart racing against my ribs, my breaths shaky and uneven.

                        Two other girls appeared a few seconds later, and the one with blonde hair smacked the redhead in the back of her head, knocking the hood of her cloak off. "Dani! Behave yourself!" The dark haired woman rolled her eyes, and muttered, "Knock it off, Bela. Just because you're the oldest, you always spoil our fun, and boss us around. It's annoying." Daniela groaned in frustration, and told me, "I'm sorry for scaring you so badly. I was only playing.. I wouldn't have hurt you. My name is Daniela, and those two are my sisters, Bela and Cassandra. Bela is the oldest, I'm the youngest, and Cassandra is in the middle." I was slowly recovering from my panic attack, and blinked, confused. "I- My name is Scarlet. Nice to meet you.. I think." I was processing the fact that what seemed to be women made out of insects were busy arguing with each other like normal siblings, or at least what I had been told siblings acted like, and flinched, as Alcina's voice sternly said, "Daughters! Stop that infernal arguing at once! We have a guest, and I would like you to behave yourselves around her. Remember what I have told you.."

                           The three sisters all quietly replied, "Yes, Mother", before Cassandra shot me an icy glare, and disappeared in a swarm of flies. Bela sighed, and told me, "Sorry. I have to keep an eye on her, or she might accidentally kill you. It was nice to meet you.." She disappeared moments later, leaving just me, Daniela, and Alcina alone, and Alcina sighed, before telling us, "I have some things to attend to. When you are ready, Scarlet, I will send a maiden to take you to your room. Your things are already waiting for you there. Until that time, you are free to explore the castle, but I must warn you not to go into the cellars, and please do not open any windows or doors. My daughters are a bit.. Sensitive to the cold. It could injure them greatly, and even kill them." I could hear the fear in her voice, and I nodded. "I won't.. I promise. I would never want to hurt your daughters, or you." I meant every word, and though I didn't want to hurt them, I was still scared of them. Maybe after awhile, I wouldn't be scared anymore, and Alcina had promised Donna to keep me safe, after all.