Doll Friend/Inhuman

Donna held me for a long time, not saying a word, her quiet breaths ghosting across the top of my head as we lay on my bed in silence, the stillness broken only when Angie shrieked, "Stop snuggling in front of me, or I'll have to bleach my brain!" She made smooching noises, then gagged, and I rolled my eyes, muttering, "Oh, shut the fuck up.. You know you love me, too. Get up here, and I'll cuddle you, too, idiot." She grumbled in annoyance, muttering swear words under her breath, but dug her tiny wooden fingers into the sheets, and pulled herself onto the bed with surprising strength, before proceeding to flop right on top of my face, her maniacal laughter echoing in my ears. "Ha! You shouldn't let your guard down, you mutated chicken nugget!" Donna sighed, as Angie's comment started an all out war between me and the demonic wooden monster, her fingers wrenching my hair painfully, as I tried to fling her across the room, both of us spewing obscenities with fucking expertise.

We kept going on and on for awhile, saying shit like, "Asshole!" "Bird freak!" "Waste of a good tree!" "Moron!", until Alcina entered the room, a sour expression on her face as she peered at Angie and me. "As much as I am entranced by your lover, dear sister, she and that horrid doll of yours are spewing filth that can be heard throughout my entire castle. I hear enough of such things from my daughters.." Angie and I both shut up as we saw the glint of metal flash on one of Alcina's hands, knowing she could and would teach us a lesson if we didn't behave. "That's better. Now, considering the ordeal you have been through recently, and the stress you are still likely feeling, I have ordered one of my maidens to bring your supper up to you, Scarlet. Mother Miranda wished to dine with you, but she is unfortunately.. Not feeling well." With that, she left the room, and I glanced at Donna, a bit worried about how quiet she was being. "Are you okay? I- I'm sorry if fighting with Angie upset you. She just drives me crazy sometimes."

I felt tears well up in my eyes, afraid that I'd made her upset or mad, or that she'd changed her mind about me not being a freak of nature, my back still aching, my body uncomfortable as I kind of squashed my wings against the mattress, not knowing how to sleep with that shit attached to me yet. Her fingers gently brushed my tears away, before her lips softly pressed against my forehead, her voice quietly replying, "No, my love. It is not you- I promise. As for Angie and you fighting with one another, it is actually quite a relief to hear it. For so long, she only had her doll friends to spend time with, and she was quite lonely.. Now, she has you, as do I, and, though you may not believe me, her insults are a sign of her affection towards you. If she truly disliked you, she would hide from you, and have her friends attack you." I blinked, a bit shocked by those words. So, just like her master, Angie.. Actually liked me, and cared about me? Even after the insults I called her?

I glanced over at the doll, and saw her head whip away fast, her tiny wooden neck creaking from the strain, then smiled a tiny bit, before yanking her into my arms, holding her close. "Awe, I like you, too, you crazy piece of wood." She shrieked, swearing up a storm quietly, not wanting to have Alcina come back to the room to shout at us some more, and muttered, "Alright, already! Don't get all mushy now.." She squirmed out of my grip, but didn't move away, instead curling up on my chest, her beady eyes closing, quiet breaths telling me she was fast asleep. Donna whispered, "I put her to sleep. She has been quite out of hand today.. You need your rest, and she has been keeping you from it. You are still a bit weak and ill." I sighed, and groaned, turning onto my side, not able to get comfortable. "I can't sleep with these things- They're uncomfortable. Isn't there a way to hide them or something?" My eyes widened as at that thought, the feeling of my wings disappeared. "It would seem that that is how you make them disappear.." We both jumped, as Dani suddenly burst through the door, out of breath, balancing a tray full of food in her hands, her hair a mess.

She shot me a playful grin, before setting the tray in front of me, fixing her hair, and tugging her hood back up. "I snatched this from the maid before she could bring it up here. Mother will not be happy about that, but I wanted to see how you eat now. There are many different things for you to try- We weren't certain what exactly you can eat now, after.. You ate those humans." My stomach twisted at the reminder, the taste of their blood still faint on my tongue, and I sighed, pulling the food closer to me, glancing at it. I didn't know what any of it was, obviously, not having had anything fancy in Heisenberg's Lycan den, and Donna didn't eat meat that often, and from what I could tell, all there was on the platter was meat, some of it smelling of something sweet and coppery. I took a deep, shaking breath, honestly terrified to find out if I had to start eating human flesh every day like Alcina and her daughters, or not, then stabbed some of the meat, shoving it in my mouth, and gagged, spitting it out instantly, coughing. "What the fuck is that?? It tastes disgusting!" Dani's eyebrows shot up, and she frowned. "It's ham.. The best we could find, actually. It's expensive."

I blinked, not knowing what ham was, either, only knowing it came from a pig. I sighed, and tried a few more slabs of meat, spitting out what was apparently chicken, turkey, beef, and even duck, leaving only the slabs of blood soaked meat. My mouth started watering, as the coppery scent began wafting into my face even more, and my stomach ached, my throat feeling dry and itchy, and I couldn't help myself, as I dug into it with my bare hands, instantly letting out a sigh of relief, as the itching in my throat died down, and my stomach calmed down. "I would tell you what you've just eaten, but I doubt you would enjoy it very much, and you are my friend. I wouldn't want to upset you.." That caught my attention, and I glanced at her, seeing the worry in her golden eyes, all playfulness gone from her face. My heart sank, and I swallowed hard, already knowing what it was without her having to tell me. "I'm a monster.. I already knew it, but- But I can't just eat people. No offense." I saw her flinch slightly, before she shrugged. "No offense taken. After a long time, you get used to knowing you're eating a person, and there aren't many other options, unless you prefer starving to death, which would upset me, Mother, and Auntie Donna."

I felt hot tears sting my eyes, and shook my head. "I- I'll do it. I just think I might need some help. I always knew I wasn't normal, but now, I'm even worse. Lord Heisenberg was right about me." With that, I went quiet, and Dani sighed, her lips pressing gently to the top of my head, before she grabbed the bloody tray from my lap, and hurried out of the room. Donna's fingers laced with mine, and she whispered, "I will help you, as will Alci and Daniela. Her other daughters will likely help you, too, in time.. They aren't so easily trusting as their little sister. But you are not alone, and it will all be alright, I promise you. No matter what happens, I will always be with you.. Do you understand?" I nodded, and heard her let out a quiet sigh, then we both sat there in silence, my thoughts running around my head. What, exactly, was I? I was no human, but I wasn't like Donna, or really that much like Alcina and her girls, and Heisenberg definitely was out of the question. And from what I knew of Miranda, I wasn't like her that much, either.. Maybe a combination of all of them? No, that couldn't be possible, could it? Did any of them even know what I was, either? Maybe I was something no one had ever seen before, and in that case, I was alone, at least in that way..