The Invitation And The Skewed Plans

Fluttershy continued doing her chores, feeling pretty good about herself. Discord planned to send an invitation for her along with the ones for her step-family, once she made it to the ball, it would be child's play from there. Discord would be able to find not only her, but the CMCs as well. That being said the four fillies did there jobs quite well, Applebloom in the kitchen, Scootaloo in the bedrooms, and Sweetie Bell assisting Fluttershy with most menial chores. That afternoon all the ponies were hard at work in on of the big parlors. Fluttershy was so overjoyed, she couldn't help but sing.

Fluttershy: The pair shaped tool

Oh sing sweet nightngale
Sing sweet nightngale
High above meOh sing sweet nightngale
Sing sweet
High above
Oh sing sweet nightngale
Sing sweet nightngale
High

Applebloom: Oh sing sweet nightngale

Sweetie Bell: Sing sweet nightngale

Scootaloo: Oh sing sweet nightngale

Fluttershy: Sing sweet

Oh sing sweet nightngale
Sing
Oh sing sweet nightngale
Oh sing sweet
Oh sing

But when the music stopped, there came a pony who knocked on the door. This pony was a grey pegasus with a bubble cutie mark whose eyes seemed to constantly be crossed. The pony had on a mail bag that was slung over her shoulder, and instead of a trumpet, for some reason had a tuba. Fluttershy rushed to the door to find the strange pony, who said. ¨His royal highness is hosting a grand ball for all eligible young mares!¨ All that to the base tune of a tuba and so loud Fluttershy was worried about her ears. Fluttershy than, finding the CMCs along the way, found the other parlor where her step-sisters and step-mother were meeting. Unfortunately, the CMCs were too young to be eligible, but that wouldn't be much of a problem as Discord planned to pick them up when he came to the house to allegedly find Fluttershy. The timid pegasus stepped into the room and shied away from her angered step-family. She held the letter up in her mouth so the room could view it, and Sonata immidiately tackled her for it, not caring that she bruised the butter cream pegasus. ¨MINE!¨ She shouted shrilly and Aria immidietely began arguing with her. Fluttershy simply watched as Adagio levitated the scroll from the two bickering ponies and began to read it silently, a disturbing looking grin then crept onto her face. "Girls!¨ she said. Both of you are able to come to the gala to dance with the king.¨ Both of them cheered at that, Fluttershy had almost backed out of the room completely, but asked timidly. ¨May I go? It says all eligible young mares, and I am technicaly of age.¨ Aria huffed and stated darkly, ¨You just became of age three weeks ago.¨ Fluttershy whimpered, curling up in a corner of the parlor, but still managed to squeak out a reply. ¨Th....he p.point s.s.s.till st..ands.¨ She mumbled and both her step-sisters seemed ready to shout at her or slap her, but were stopped by there own step- mother. ¨Now  girls," Adagio mused, Fluttershy has a big of a point. She turned to the shiverving pegasus,¨ if you can finish your chores and get my daughters ready for the gala, and find something to wear, you may go yourself. Fluttershy cheered and flew straight out of the room to do her chores. Both step-sisters grumbled, but Adagio explained her plan to them, and all three of them grinned in a rediculus manner. Fluttershy sang quite happily as she did her chores, not knowing of what her step-family was plotting.