Air Guitar.

Wilhelm

Wilhelm walked into his room to find Felice lying on his extra bed, immersed in her phone. This was the 3rd time he'd walked in to find a similar scene in the last week. 

"Felice, what the fuck are you doing here?" he demanded, jokingly. "Don't you have choir practice right now?"

Felice gave him the middle finger without ever looking up. 

Wilhelm threw his backpack on his bed and pulled out his math homework. 

Felice cast one eye over to him.

"What are you doing?"

"Um, I dunno, homework? Mr. Inglund gave us a shit ton of work, due tomorrow. And I know you haven't finished it."

Felice rolled her eyes. "I'll get it done in time, I always do."

Wilhelm opened his book and began working through the problems, one by one. He actually didn't hate math. There was a rule and as long as you followed the rule down to the letter, you'd be fine. Simple. No headache.

All of the sudden, Felice jumped up. 

"NO. WAY. No way no way no way no way!" she squealed.

"Yes...way?" replied Wilhelm, looking at her like she was a nut.

"Write it down. This Friday. We are going to a concert."

Wilhelm rolled his eyes. "Where? In Stockholm? Like my parents will ever sign that permission slip. Plus, we're not 18, and I don't think any of our parents will be willing to chaperone."

Felice shot him a look. "Would you let me FINISH?! Number 1, it's in Bjarstad, asshole, and Number 2, it's an all ages show. We're good! As long as it's on a weekend, we're can just sign out of campus."

Wilhelm went over to where Felice was sitting. As he read the ad, he let out a huge guffaw. 

"The National Air Guitar Championships?! Felice, come on, this has got to be a joke. There's no way this is real."

"Look it up. Totally real."

Wilhelm googled 'air guitar championships' and right there was the International Air Guitar League website, with videos from past championships to prove it. 

"Yeah, apparently this is a big thing," murmured Wilhelm as he scrolled through past videos and went through all the hits on Instagram. 

"And, we're going!" announced Felice, waving her hands in the air.

"Wait, what?"

"I just bought tickets!"

"What are we gonna to do about the bodyguards, then?"

"Oh...I forgot about David and Malin," sighed Felice. 

"So, are you saying you...missed a detail?" joked Wilhelm, giving her a wan smile.

"Shut up," she replied. "Oop, and looks like I found a solution. There is a balcony. With a little box on the side. Lemme call the place..."

"Felice, stop it! It's not worth this," protested Wilhelm as he tried to steal the cellphone from her hand. The girl had a strong grip!

"Hello? Is this Svart Katt? Hi, I am calling because I just bought tickets for a friend and me to come to the Air Guitar Championships this Friday, but we have a slight problem. My friend is required to have 24-hour security, and we were hoping to use the side box on your balcony to keep him out of sight." 

"No, not because of an addiction."

"No, he's not suicidal. It's, um, for political reasons? Can we leave it at that?"