Monday.

Wilhelm

Wilhelm inhaled the crisp air as he strode through the snow to get to Math class. He'd never been so excited for a Monday in his life. He looked at his watch. 8:52. He was going to be early to the first class on a Monday morning. By five minutes. Normally, he barely made it before the bell. But today was going to be different. Today was going to be awesome.

He stepped into his class, and Simon was already there. And so was Sara.

"Hey," Wilhelm said, greeting both of them. He looked at Sara confusedly. "Um, I think you're in my seat?" 

Sara grinned. And then it hit him.

"Oh. You're in your seat. You're sw--." He stopped himself. Why state the obvious?

"Thanks, Sara. That's really cool of you."

"No problem. I see him too much anyway," she replied with a smirk. "Plus, now he owes me huge, so this was really a win-win."

Wilhelm watched Simon roll his eyes at her. He knew Simon didn't always love having a sibling so close in age, but Wilhelm was really sort of jealous of him. Having someone who was always right there for you. It seemed kind of sweet, even if some days weren't just sent from the heavens.

Simon checked the door, and when no one was coming, he pulled Wilhelm close to him, giving him a quick peck on the lips. "Good morning, you."

Wilhelm grinned widely, "Good morning, you. And let's not get caught on day one...!"

"Already caught," called Henry who walked in the door right at that exact moment. "But, I don't think I'm really an issue." Turning to Wilhelm, Henry disclosed, "Heard about your little outings yesterday. Talk about how to make a buzz."

Wilhelm's heart felt like it was going to pound right out of his chest. Buzz? Maybe things hadn't gone as well as he'd thought.  Had they just laughed at him all during dinner at the dorms behind his back? Had they all just posted about it directly on Instagram? Did someone secretly film one? Was he about to live in another damage control hell cycle?

When he saw the look over horror on Wilhelm's face, Henry's eyes twinkled, and he added, "Good buzz. All good buzz. No bad buzz. Only the best. Promise."

Wilhelm sunk into the chair Sara had vacated for him and dropped his head to the table.

"Dude, chill. No one gives a shit." Henry took a seat beside Sara and began pulling out his homework like all of this was nothing.

"Liar. Everyone gives a shit," retorted Wilhelm, still feeling like he could use a paper bag to get his breathing regulated.

Henry gave him a side look. "Ok, everyone gives a shit. BUT, and this is a big 'but', no one gives enough of a shit to fall out of the good graces of the entire Swedish monarchy just for some likes on social media. No one. Trust me. It's been discussed."

"Well, that's something," Wilhelm muttered as he pulled his head off the desk.

Simon sat down beside Wilhelm and put his finger on Wilhelm's thigh. "Well, even if there is going to be a problem, we're too deep now," he said, as the bell rang and students streamed through the door.  

A few people did double takes at them, but no one said a word. They just sat in their normal seats, talked to their friends. Some busily copied down the answers to the homework they'd forgotten (or chose not) to do. Some laid their heads on their desks, trying to get just one more ounce of sleep in their systems before the school day actually began. It felt like a normal class, on a normal day. 

No one...cared. 

Mr. Englund walked in, cleared his throat, and began passing through the classroom collecting the homework. When he got to Wilhelm and Simon's desk, he put his head down and whispered conspiratorially to Simon, "Sibling troubles? I've got 6 of them. I know."