Chapter 1 (Stray)

Narrator

Through the streets of Dressrosa. Past the beautiful ever growing plants. Through the cracks that live in the walls. Over the tunnels of darkness and the sewage stored down below.

Lives the unlikely of tails.

Are you ready to learn one of these Hart warming and Hart wrenching tails of old?

If not turn back now.

Good Now

For the rest of you let's begin the story.

Ace

I don't remember when me and my brother had a good meal. Days, weeks I've lost count.

All I know is if Luffy doesn't eat soon then he'll die. Just like Sabo. He is younger that means he needs more food than I do.

As I walk thew the streets with Luffy by the scruff I look around for any thing. Some leftovers that some other animal left, a fish bone if we're lucky a live mouse or rat.

As I surch I hear my little brothers stomach growl. "A.. Ace..Im hun..hungry" I hear him whimper.

"I know I'm going to get us some food just hang tight" I say. Looking around a little harder.

I finally pick something up and fallow it. As I got closer I noticed it was on ledge. "Lu can you jump" I ask setting down my brother.

"I think...so" he says standing up. "Just fallow me and you'll be ok" I said jumping on the trash can. "Ok"

Luffy follows me closely. At a few parts I have to help him since he's smaller than me.

Finally we made it to the food. It was something neither of us have seen.

"Ace is...is it ok to eat" Lu stutters looking down at the brown small bite size things.

"Don't worry it's perfectly fine" an orange tabby said coming out the window. Immediately jump in front of Luffy and hist.

"Who are you" I yelled. Bristling up to seem bigger then I am.

"My names Shanks" The tabby told us. He sat down a started liking his paws.

"Sh.. Sha.... Shanks" my brother said coming out from behind me. He started walking to Shanks. "Why hello little one" Shanks purred laying down.

Before he could reach him, I grabbed Lu by the tough. I set him down by the edge.

I let my self relax a bit. Then I looked at shanks again. "Aren't the two of you a little young to be on your own" he asked.

"No we..""Mom got hit by a car" luffy interrupted. "LUFFY" I scream.

"Oh I'm sorry to hear I bet being a stray on the streets are ruff" he said. "Stray?" I questioned.

"You don't know what a stray is" he looked at me puzzled. I shake my head.

"Come eat and I'll tell you about it he gestured to the bowl.  I walked up to the bowl and took a small bite. To make sure it wasn't deadly.

After I confirm that it was safe I grabbed luffy and brought him over. Since he had no more strength. He dig in. I soon joined him.

After they finished the bowl clean. They listened to the older tom.

As he explained Strays are cats with out a human. They are free and rome as they please. They have there own territories. However they always have to be on the run from dogs to the  dog catcher.

House cats are ones who with with humans. Shanks is one of these cats. He told us he never has to worry about  going hungry or without a home. He can sleep all day if he wants, and doesn't have to worry about getting hurt. However you usually can't leave the house.

To Ace that sounds horrible being pampered. "how can you live like that" i hissed picking up luffy.

"Thanks for the food" I said then jumped off. "You never know maybe you'll change your mind, you are always welcome here" Shanks mewed in the back ground.

"Ace wh...why..did we leave" Lu asked staring up at me. "Well because.... Because we are strays and once a stray always a stray" I said with pride.

Luffy looked at me with what looked like stars in the sky.

We walked and found a place to call our own.