Chapter 1 - Hiraeth

Michaels POV

I stared at the TV eating a bucket of popcorn. Hearing my father argue with my mother again. It was nothing new from an ordinary day though it was getting tiring for my ears. I picked up a jacket and left.
My sister and brother had died to my father's foolish workings he has been doing at a diner called Freddy Fazbear's Pizza. 5 other children went missing along with my siblings. I walked through the dark street with only the lamp lights to guide me. I hear a girl scream and run out of the house. I get curious and ran to her.

Y/N POV
I had fallen asleep on my couch earlier than usual until I heard plates smash to the ground. I open my eyes and head to the kitchen to see what's going on. I turn on the light and see it's my father with my mother laying on the ground covered in blood I screamed and quickly put on my slippers and ran out of the house and I bump into a tall man. "What's going on here?" he asked me worriedly. I gasped for air and tried to explain everything to him but it was difficult. I could feel my heart pounding out of my chest and the air was getting thinner. "Calm down, take deep breathes" he placed his hand on my back patting and he placed his jacket over me. I looked into his eyes taking deep breathes trying to comprehend what was happening and suddenly I was calm. His ocean eyes were beautiful. I began to notice other features on his face. He was perfect. "Now that you are calm can you please explain to me what's going on?" I then replied "My father killed my mom. I was sleeping and I heard plates crash to the ground and found my mother is dead on the ground"

    Tears then began to form and my vision became blurry. The man grabbed my face gently and whipped the tears out of my face. He gave me a small smile and got his phone to call the police. He grabbed my wrist and took me to the nearest bench. I rested my head on my hand hearing the sirens from the police and ambulance. The man was explaining the police to what happened and eventually they pulled me aside to explain my side of the story.

     I managed to pull myself together and my headache began to grow worse. The police went inside the house to investigate and the man came up to me. "I'm sorry you had to go through that. I'm Michael by the way" He said. His voice sounded very calm and gentle. I replied saying "Thank you, I'm Y/N".

     I couldn't help but think to myself what I was going to do. I saw my father come out of the house and taken away by the police. I sighed and they informed me I was allowed in the house again. I entered the house. Everything was cleaned up for me. I looked at Michael who was standing outside the door on the walkway and said "I don't know how I could repay you-" he cut me of by saying "You don't need to. You've been through enough for today." "Let me treat you to lunch tomorrow. Here's my phone number".

   I grabbed a piece of paper from my notebook and wrote down my phone. "Here it's the least I could do. I feel that I would be guilty if I don't do anything." I insisted. He nodded his head and grabbed the paper from my hand. "Thank you. May I give you mine?" He said in his british deep voice. I nodded and grabbed my notebook and he wrote his down. "Please call me if you need anything. I'll be going now. Goodnight miss Y/n" He smiled and left down the road. I thought to myself He must live around here. How could I not have noticed him before.

I headed back inside and realized I still had his jacket around my shoulders. I smiled and folded it and placed it on top of the table. I changed clothes and entered my bed trying to forget what happened. There was a sense of relief that I wasn't so close to my parents. They always seemed to hated me. But there was still guilt in me. I felt ashamed that I wasn't crying over my dead mother or my father who killed  my mom. Why would he do that to her?  I shook it off. Tomorrow would be a better day. You're going out with a handsome man.