Chapter 6

Rafael took in a deep breath before letting out a long sigh.

"I'm trying my best here Liv."

"I know you are. I just want to catch this bastard and slam his ass in jail."

Rafael gave Olivia a small smile.

"We'll get him."

Olivia squeezed his arm gently as he turned to leave.

"You should take a break," she said gently.

Rafael turned back towards her and let out a small hum.

"I will," he replied but he know that no matter where he was, work would always be with him.

Olivia gave him a look as she turned to walk back to her office.

"I'm serious."

"I know," he muttered softly but she had already left leaving him to wonder how his life had come to this.

Working.

All the time.

He would be lying if he didn't feel a hint of jealousy towards the rest of the squad.

Olivia had Noah. Amanda had her dogs and kids and arguable Carisi even if they denied being together. Even Fin had his son and grand child.

They all had a reason to go home.

A purpose.

He could put on a smirk and sass everyone all he wanted but deep down he wished his life was more than just scotch and mountains of paperwork each night.

He hit the elevator button frustratingly.

Would he ever truly be happy?

-----------------------

As he walked to get his daily dose of expresso he couldn't help but view everyone passing by with a bit of resentment.

The woman smiling at her dog, the man getting balloons for his children, the mother soothing her crying baby.

The couple on the corner whispering and smiling at each other as if the rest of the world didn't exist.

He scowled before the scent of coffee beans filled his nose and he stood at the entrance of the scenic alleyway.

A sight for sore eyes.

"Ah Mister, what was that word you taught me?" Came a bright voice, "Abogado."

He turned to face Alice and gave her a small smile.

"I'm glad you still remember."

She laughed, shrugging her shoulders.

"Well you've been coming here since for so long so it's hard to forget."

Rafael drew in a dramatic breath as he clutched his chest.

"Are you calling me old?"

Alice burst into a fit of laughter as he went to sit down.

"I'll go get you your coffee," she said and Rafael could still her laugh as she walked into the shop.

That's when he remembered. The note. Luckily he had sat at the table that he had been at yesterday.

He wondered if it was still there.

And he wondered even more if it had been answered.

He reached towards the brick carefully moving the vines around it. He paused as his fingers brushed the rough texture of the crumbling brick.