02|The Photoframe

The next day Ethan went to Abner's house for going to school together. Abner lived with his aunt, uncle and his cousin Rosie Johnson. Rosie and Abner loved one another so much that probably no one had seen that kind of pure relationship . After breakfast Ethan and Abner went to his room to get ready but Ethan asked him something.

"Yo dude um I was saying. .. I mean I'm about to ask you something.. You normally don't look into someone's eyes straight except me but that day you looked at hers. Are you alright?"

"W-what do you mean? Yeah I looked but I'm ofcourse fine but-"

Ethan was about to crack jokes but what he heard literally snatched his mood.

"- but I felt something special when she hugged me. I mean I can't describe how did I feel but yeah..she kind of reminded me of- "

Seeing Abner on the verge of tears he started comforting him. He did his tie, his bag and headed for school.

"I understand how you feel..well believe me she's always with you, now smile?"

Abner smiled thinking Ethan's words that he was right that she was always with him.

Who's SHE? I know this question popping up in your mind readers. Get to know soon 🌝....

They entered the classroom and Claire jumped on them resulting the trio fall. They basically started crawling on the ground when Ethan first stood up helping them.

"Ouch Claire that was sudden! Abner's hand is already in a bad condition it could have been worse you know for this?"

"I'm so so sorry Ethan, I didn't mean to hurt you guys,just was bored and was waiting for you two to arrive. When Aaron screamed ' weirdo has comeeee ' I understood he was talking about Abner but saw-"

Claire without completing her words looked at Abner but stood open- mouthed. He was crying sitting in a corner and collecting some broken glass pieces. She tried hard to understand where the glass pieces came from but soon figured out it was a broken photoframe that was in his bag and for her sudden jump that broke.

"Abner? What is it? You crying for this  photoframe?"

He didn't reply just kept himself busy to protect the picture , he took that picture, hugged and stored again in his school bag.

"Who's that-?"

"Stop Claire ! Let him normalize first"

She looked at Abner, smiled and went outside of the classroom. Ethan slowly approached towards him -

"It's fine mate , I'll reframe that okay? But first lemme know is the picture okay? Or-?"

"N-no that's completely fine"

Both sat down to their labelled benches but Abner's mind was still on his 'secret' picture. Ethan was the only person who could understand him best after Rosie, his cousin.

"Oi Weirdo's saviour! Oh no no EX SAVIOUR..Mrs. Watson calling you in her office"

"Why?"

"Don't know...just go find yourself."

Ethan was the class monitor. Well as per rank Abner should have been but he refused we all know why... However, Ethan left the class throwing Aaron a deadly look to warn him not to disturb his bff.

After few minutes Claire came to him. At first she checked his state, hold his shoulders and pulled him into a hug. Aaron made a disgruntled look and left. She unhooded him but when Abner frowned she hooded him back.

"Umm I want to say sorry. I didn't know that something like that could happen-"

Abner just nodded to confirm that it was fine but she knew deep down that he was hiding something. So, he took him to the garden though he was saying 'no no' but she said she would have to and knew he was not comfortable being unhooded in front of everyone. After reaching there Claire opened his hoodie (As Always lol) and Abner was like 'Save me Ethan'.

"Why here? And y-you know I don't like if anyone removes-"

"Well I need to talk to you and you wanna say hoodie? Oh listen I wanted to see your face- it's cute!"

"Please-don't joke Claire.. I'm not in the mood rn"

She cupped his face to make sure everything is ok but she understood his eyes were glistening.

"Please- I know I'm the reason that your frame broke, but well can you say who was that in the picture?"

"That's personal "

"Look I know I should not force you but you know you can believe me..."

Abner couldn't understand what he should do. At one hand his that secret was only known to Ethan and he couldn't let others know because he wasn't comfortable and on the other hand Claire's innocent, trustworthy look and THAT WEIRD, UNNATURAL SENSATION! He tried to move to another topic but Claire was like 'Don't you dare to think about it'

"W-well that's- that's my sister-"

"Sister? You must be a great brother then Abner! You seem to love her so much. Wish I had a brother like you _ cute, innocent, loving-"

"- weirdo, nerd"

Immidiately she looked behind and yeah it was Aaron. Watching him Abner closed his hoodie and sat still.

Claire had started hating him from the first time they met. Though Aaron didn't say anything to her first, just because he used to bully Abner she started hating him and an undeniable hatred born.

"What you doing here?"

"Nothing! Though I can ask you same ...and what's that weirdo doing? Heard you broke his  'Heart'?"

Aaron bursted out into a mocking laugh.

"Heart? And yeah don't call him weirdo!"

"Yeah Heart! That freaking Photoframe! No one knows who's that even No one has seen the person within the frame. But few people had seen him sitting with that hugging like a broken soul. Well maybe that stupid Ethan knows something afterall Best Friend"

"Don't y-you dare to say anything about my picture okay?"

"Whatever! I can do anything I want. You better sit here with your 'Heart'. You don't talk to anyone except Ethan .. Such a weirdo! God knows how teachers love you so much!!"

He acted as usual and left the spot while Claire started patting Abner's back smiling mildly and she told him to go back to class. But he felt something...with every single touch of her he used to feel that. Abner immidiately pulled her into a hug and she was shocked. Because basically Ethan used to stay at her place but returned the hug thinking that he was being normal. But Ethan arrived there and spotted the duo.

"You know Abner Mrs. Wats-"

He stood still watching them. It was such a rare sight for Ethan Evans to see his bff hugging someone else cause it was like a rare universal event that could only be seen once at a lifetime.

"ABNER! CLAIRE!"

Abner wiped his eyes and watching him smiled and came to him, while on the other hand Ethan was noticing Claire, frowning..She jumped also into them and started blabbering about the previous events.

He looked at Abner then at her. Well Ethan was happy seeing his bff having another friend because Abner didn't have anyone at school except him but he was getting somewhere a bit jealous because he was thinking like a toddler that Claire was gonna snatch Abner from him. So , he first cooled himself down and very fast dragged him towards class while Claire stood still there...

_______________________________________

Word count: 1240🌻

Hope you guys enjoyed..stay tuned 💛