05|Robbie the rabbit

After knowing of what happened the other duo remained tensed and thought that best to keep an eye on Abner. Ethan talked to his aunt and uncle for a check up. They seemed really anxious but said Ethan to take him to doctor cause they knew perfectly how Abner listened to him. So, he took an appointment and took Abner to the clinic. He was completely silent on the whole way though Ethan was trying his best to make his best friend speak.

"Hey cute faced boy - what's wrong with my bro huh?"

"Here you go again Ethan?"

A bit of smile was seen and yeah it was true that Ethan had never ever failed to make him smile. They reached the clinic, waited for Abner's name to be called. He was so much nervous, was breathing heavily and then they were called. Ethan gave him a look that everything was going to be perfect. Normally the doctor asked him some questions, checked him, did some tests and after the report he said he was perfectly fine!

"Mr Johnson is perfectly fine. I don't think there's any kind of problem like that but he need rest, keep an eye on that. I'm giving him some pills that would help him. Otherwise nothing to worry"

The duo thanked the doctor, bought the prescribed medicines and headed for home. Ethan looked really relieved for his bff.

(I want a friend like him so bad🥺❤️)

"Now we would have to let Claire know ... She's tensed too much.. but first let your aunt and uncle know though I have talked to them okay"

"I'm so lucky to have you mate"

"Same dude you're the best gift from God I can say - may sound cheesy but I mean it really... Now listen I told Claire to meet in the park at 4 beside our school so-?"

"Ready. But wait I need to take her pending gift.."

"Oh yes. And I knew you would always be ready to meet her"

He winked at him and Abner rolled his eyes with a laugh. He knew how much Ethan loved to tease him. Abner ran to his room, took her gift and the duo reached the park by cycle. Clare was soon spotted, who was sitting with a yellow A- line floral frock on and two french braids. She was looking so cute that no one could say it was that bossy girl of Cherry Blossom High School.

"I'm t-totally fine don't worry"

"Thank God! Abner you're too lucky to have him really! Btw look this picture of my birthday. How do I look?"

"Sweet! Really pretty but wish I could see your whole look more prominently"

"Sorry? You want a clear picture? wait I ha-"

"No no Claire actually he's colorblind"

"Oh- I'm sorry so it's chi-"

"Chilli red princess gown which was perfectly going with her loose blonde hair, and those stoned bangles in her hand were also in Chill red. Believe me Abner she was looking like a real princess ... At first I was like WAIT A MINUTE IS THIS THAT CLAIRE WHO ALWAYS CHASED AARON ..well nevermind"

He gave an awkward laugh while Claire smiled at him mildly and Abner gave him a thumbs up, smirking. The trio started gossiping with random topics but suddenly a rabbit jumped on Ethan's lap and he screamed cause that was sudden- a brownish white rabbit...

"So guys this is Robbie, my rabbit. I was about to introduce him to you"

Robbie? Great...so fluffy yeah"

Ethan was patting Robbie's back and Abner took out her gift from his pocket and gave her. Claire excitedly opened that and there was a book about local mystery and history. As a book lover he thought that best gift and naturally she loved that gift. She had a great obsession over mystery and horror genre.

"Aww thank you Abner! It is about this places local history- wow! And Et h a n ...."

She noticed him being mad with Robbie who was jumping over him, chewing Ethan's shirt, hair and tbh the scene was hilarious. Claire tried to take back Robbie from him but he was too stubborn.

"Sorry but you should know Ethan he only does stuffs like these only to those who he likes or he thinks I'm safe with"

Abner came to take Robbie and he didn't dare to deny..no doubt he thought her safe around him too according to his behaviors . Abner loved playing with him, he was a great animal lover, always used to feed roadside dogs, cats and take care of them.

"Umm so you're safe around me then?"

"Not only me everyone would be safe around you, you're so protective and yeah good guy I love that"

Honestly Ethan could feel his cheeks getting warmer for her those nice kind words, soon he spotted a golden chain on her neck with a greenish stoned locket....he smiled.

"You loved my gift then?"

"Ofcourse! OMG I forgot to say.. it's too pretty and after the packup of the party I wore that!"

They saw Abner playing with Robbie but within an eye blink he ran towards Ethan's lap. Everyone understood he was gonna be close friend of him . Robbie was too much attached to Ethan at the first meeting, even he started refusing to go Claire's lap. So whenever they used to meet he had to go to her house to drop Robbie ....

Maybe Robbie would help bringing spring in someone's life soon....💛

______________________________________

Word count : 923

I'll be updating soon...stay safe guys love you 💛