Silence

Things had calmed down now though that was no thanks to Aaron who had taken it upon himself to stir the pot with the two sister telling them things such as "it wasn't very nun like" and that "it had being going on so long he was impressed she had kept it a secret".
Sister Nicole was still sobbing in the corner and the three Shelby sibling were sincerely uncomfortable in the atmosphere of the room, Aaron didn't help matters as he sat snickering behind his hand. "Go and find your sister. Pack your bags, you're leaving in a hour" sister Charlotte said with a shaking voice clearing her throat. Aaron shook his head softly looking at Thomas now "and where are we to go?" He arches his eyebrow, "you'll come home, with us. Birmingham" Tommy replied trying to sound as comforting as he could, which wasn't very. "She won't like this" Aaron mutter as he left the room along with the two nuns leaving the three sibling by themselves.
Tommy sighed rubbing his temples and Ada rested a hand onto his back seeing his stress. It was John who spoke up first "they're gonna be hard fucking work" he snorted. This caused Tommy to sigh again now even more stressed, he's been dropped in the deep end expected to just become a father and what worse is that his kids don't even seem like they want a dad.

About 45 minutes later Tommy was stood outside leaning against the door having a smoke. John and gone back to the car and Ada was over on the grass playing with some of the younger children. He hadn't seen or heard anything about or from Thea and Aaron since they had walked out the room. He was staring to get worried as it wasn't long before they were meant to leave, all the papers had been signed and they were ready to go. They just had to wait on the twins.
As if he'd read his thoughts aaron showed up next to Tommy leaning on the same wall as him smoking his own cigarette. They stood like this for a moment neither of they saying anything, because neither was sure what to say. "If you want to speak to her you should go now" he said still looking forward though Tommy turned to look at him "what?". "Thea. If you want to speak to her, you have to do it before we leave"
"Why?" And Aaron scoffed finally looking up at him "because she doesn't trust you, and neither to I yet. But once we leave her Thea won't speak a word until she's comfortable, like a defence mechanism. So if you want a conversation with her, do it now" and with that Aaron stubbed out his cigarette and walked away leaving Tommy to mull over what he said. Thomas wanted to speak to her. She was his daughter of course he did but he also didn't really believe that she would completely ignore him until further notice after they left. He thought Aaron was just being dramatic. Never the less he made his was up to theas room planning on just offering to take her bags down to see where he stood with her but also as an indication that they were ready to go. He wasn't a patient man but he would have to work on it if he was going to be around the twins. They would push his buttons to the extreme if he didn't. 
He made his way to the room that sister Charlotte said was hers and knocked on the door earning a small "yeah" from inside. He pushed the door open to reveal Thea sat on the open window ledge smoking. She made no effort to look at or address whoever had just walked into her room she just continued to gaze out the window. As Tommy looked around her room he notice a few things. One, the room was empty, there were no decorations, no pictures no personal items whatsoever. In fact there was quite literally only the bare minimum in the room. A bed, a wardrobe, a side table and 4 plain cream coloured walls. Two, it was pristine though he put that down to her not having much in the first place but nevertheless the room was spotless. And three, there was no sign of packed bags anywhere to be seen and upon noticing this Tommy had to take a deep breath to calm himself. Thea still hadn't turned round but Tommy was sure she knew it was him as she sat smoking with her back to him. For a second he just looked at her, this was his child, his little girl and he's already missed so much. And though you wouldn't be able to tell by his face which remained stoic, Thomas realised in that moment that he would do anything for his kids.
"Do you want me to take you bags down?" he a asked almost awkwardly, he was embarrassed to admit he felt slightly intimidated by the girl. "No" she very simply replied stubbing out the cigarette and closing the window "I don't have any" she said as she turned ti face him. "We're about ready to leave,eh. Best get packing" and Thea just looked around the room seemingly ignoring him again. "Why are you here?" She asked taking a seat on the bed looking up at him. "They wrote be a letter about you. I came as soon as I got it, I didn't know about you before that" and Thea just nodding looking back out the window. "Ok, but why are you here?" At this Tommy shifted his weight not sure how to answer her question but before he got a chance she spoke up again "why would you want us? What is it that you really want" she asked painfully slowly and Tommys answer was simple, the only thing he's wanted since he came home from the war, and in his heart he did believe these two children were the answer "peace".