alike

polly was shocked that thea knew about the guns, Tommy not so much. he didn't realise she knew, he thought he'd been more careful than that but he wasn't shocked to learn she'd figured it out. he was scared though. people who knew to much often ended up hurt and Tommy was worried that big brain of hers was going to get her into trouble one day. 

it was 3am, the rain was pouring down so hard that it was bouncing off the cobbled streets but for some strange reason at this quiet hour of the early morning thea felt a strange peace come over her. she liked this feeling of quiet, feeling like everyone else in the world had gone to bed and she was the only one truly conscious. she wasn't stupid and she knew she wasnt the only person in the world that was awake but she liked to pretend. there was something so comforting about walking down completely deserted roads in the dead silent night, she felt invincible, she felt euphoric. maybe it was just the drugs. her quiet was so rudely shattered when one of Thomas' friends scurried past thea who had ducked into the shadows of an alleyway to avoid being in sight, the man was curly, he was headed towards Tommys house. her house. she followed him, not making any attempt to hide the fact she was, thea liked curly, she liked the way he spoke on behalf of the horses and they way he knew just how to help them when it was needed. she watched him hammer his fists on the front door, the rain had soaked them both, the difference, curly was dressed for the weather, he had a large thick coat, his hat and heavy boots. thea however was only in the dress she had worn that day. no coat, no hat and no shoes. now that thea was coming down from the cocktail of drugs she'd taken instead of dinner earlier, she was cold. she watched Tommy answer the door and then the two men exchanged some words that she couldn't hear over the deafening sound of the rainfall before Tommy pulled his shoes on and grabbed his jacket before promptly following curly, and thea followed them both. she followed them all the way to charlies yard and watched from afar as Tommy ran his hands over his new horse, over his back and down his legs so gently thea wasn't even sure he was really touching the animal. she couldn't make out the conversation the three men were having but by the way curly was fidgeting and the hour this conversation was being held at she didn't imagine it was anything good. her suspicions were undoubtedly confirmed when she watched Tommy pull out his gun and point it directly between the horses eyes, she saw the man let out a heavy sigh before pulling the trigger. thea had seen men die before, she'd spent a lot of time with Alfie not that he'd wanted her to see but she had. thea had never seen a horse die, she didn't like it. when the shot from Tommys gun rang out thea stumbled back a few steps knocking to some Woden crates, letting out a small yelp when a loose nail on one caught her arm, cutting it open. before she could even process what she'd done Tommy and Charlie were towering over her with curly lingering not to for behind. when Tommy looked behind the stack of crates and saw his daughter soaked to the bone, her hair sticking to her forehead with a cut on her arm he could have cried there and then. he wasnt sure what it was about the look on her face or maybe it was that he'd just put down a cursed horse, or maybe it was just the fact he knew his tears would mix with the raindrops falling down his face and no one would ever know the difference. but he didn't cry, not yet. thea made him venerable, in a different was the rest of his family did, he loved his family with no doubt, they were the most important things in the world to him, but something about thea made him fell like he was looking in a mirror. he doesn't mean physically, sure she had his large piercing blue eyes but that was about it, everything else was her mother, her long golden hair, her tan skin, small figure, as much as thea hated to admit it, she looked a lot like the women. but he could just feel so much of himself in thea, like they were two sides of the same coin, polly told him the day he brought the twins home that he and thea were sole-mates. at first Tommy shot her a disgusted look because had always thought the meaning of sole-mates were meant lovers but polly quickly explained to him how wrong he was. sole-mates are people who share two halfs of the same sole, and polly beloved they did. she also told Tommy it would either be what saved them both or what would break them beyond repair, Tommy didn't know what is aunt meant but he would always take her words seriously, and so he did, he was determined not to brake this girl, and maybe to let her save him in the process. 

he led her to the garrison with the rain still poring down. neither of them said a word both still slightly in shock of what they had just done or witnessed. thea had Tommys jacket around her, she hadn't asked for it and had tried to shrug him away when he wrapped it around her shoulders but all it took was for Tommy to mutter a small "your shivering" for her to accept. they made it to the doors and Tommy knocked until grace opened it and let the two of them in. Tommy told grace to get them a drink while he took his wet jacket from thea's shoulders and swapped it for a dry one of Arthurs he'd found through the back. he left the small girl sat at the table with a lit cigarette whilst he went to the bar where grace was stood fixing them whiskey, "she's a little young for you, isn't she Tommy?" grace knew she was pushing her luck but what can she say she was jealous of the girl, she always seemed to have Tommys attention, always seemed to have everyones in fact. Tommy didn't even bother to make eye contact with grace he he downed one of the glasses "my daughter" he mumbled, eyes staring down at the bar as his hand reached for the second glass "I know you lied to me" at this grace because stuttering thinking shed already been caught "I know you never worked in Dublin" he'd looked into grace a little after thea pointed out how suspicious she was, he cursed himself for not being hesitant of the women first but the most he found was that she lied about where she worked. they had an extremely brief conversation about her awful excuses before Tommy heard thea striking a match and looked over his shoulder to see her lighting another cigarette. he told grace to leave them before he made his way over to the girl sitting down at the table and lighting his own cigarette. they sat in silence smoking for a moment and it way thea who spoke first "was he lame?" she asked him so quietly he wasnt sure she'd spoke at all "yep.." he sighed "in France, I got used to seeing men die, but never horses, they die badly" he muttered into his cigarette before his eyes looked over to thea again "are you high?" he was almost scared for her answer "not anymore" she whispered. she then met Tommys eyes for the first time since he caught her at the yard "I don't wanna be high anymore" she said even quieter than her previous sentence if that was even possible. Tommy leaned forwards his elbows resting onto the table and he asked his daughter "will you let me help you?"

====

are you guys enjoying this????? idk I don't wanna make them to close to fast cause I think that would ruin it but also I like there little bonding moments, what do yo you think, also I think we need some more thea and Aaron content and maybe thea and John? hmm....