Chapter 4

The first set of drinks was brought to the table as Neha and I arrived. Stuart gestured to the empty seat next to him but I ignored it and sat with the wavy haired girl instead, earning a frown from the boy in glasses. We all raised our glasses ready to shot the liquid but stopped in place at the sound of protesting. "Oh no, i can't" Yo-yo panicked, shaking his head in refusal. "What you're twenty-one right?" Nick asked the fearful boy.

"Yeah but my mom says alcohol numbs the brain." he argued, tightening up as if his mum was listening. "I'm not saying a shot of tequila is the first step on the journey to self respect but maybe it's a step in the right direction" Nick commented trying to convey the boy to let loose a little. "It's your call mumma's boy" i taunted hoping his teenage urge to rebel would kick in now. "On shot he said" and I cheered with the others as we tap our glasses together and drank.

One shot soon turned to twenty and everyone was beginning to lose control of themselves. Both Neha and myself began dancing on one of the pole dances tables surrounded by a crowd of people. Yo-yo was receiving his first lap dance, Stuart was already mid through one but didn't seem all too into it, instead his gaze was focused on the two girls dancing up on the stages. Lyle was considering hitting on his dance teacher from back at google and the two men were keeping an i on us all while still making sure to have their fun. At one point Nick even joined us up on stage but soon had to run off to help Yo-yo out with a certain 'problem'.

After a few more drinks, Neha had moved over to the poles with falling water over them and I was left on a sofa by myself drinking more before I was interrupted by a tap on my shoulder. "Hey princess" a slurred voice came from behind me and I turned to see a slightly blurred, brown haired boy. "Can i...ask you some...something?" Stuart asked, staring at me intently. "Yeah, Stewie what's up?" I questioned in return, able to flow through my sentence without stumbling.

"Do you wanna dance?" he timidly asked, nervously waiting for my answer. "Sure why not," I replied. "Really" surprise covering his words. "Yeah" I laughed, grabbing his hand and leading him out to the dance floor. We jumped around for a while to the beat of the songs and ended up stumbling closer and closer to one another until I was practically dancing on him.

I didn't notice what I was doing until too strong hands found themselves to my waist as I grinded my drunken body against the taller figure behind me. The brunette spun me around, hands still fixed on my waist as mine rose to wrap around his neck.

"So where's your lady friend?" I asked loudly so as to be heard over the pounding music. "Eh, she was more interested than me," he replied simply, shrugging to show that he couldn't care less. "Don't blame her," I said to myself. "What?" he asked in return. "Uh nothing" I replied, internally punishing myself for letting that slip out. We went back to a comfortable silence as I looked down at the floor to avoid eye contact while we both continued to dance, every now and then our bodies brushing up against each other.

~~~Stuart's pov~~~

I watched as the girl in my arms looked anywhere else other than my eyes. We danced for a while longer before my wandering eyes caught another familiar girl in the distance, Neha was watching, grinning from ear to ear as she held her thumb up to me. I rolled my eyes at this display before they landed back on the girl whose head was now closer to my neck as her hips swayed perfectly to the rhythm of the song, making me groan every now and then as her warm body brushed up against mine. I gulped down my nerves and moved my mouth to the girl's ear so that she could hear me. "Hey princess?"

"Yeah" she replied, finally meeting my eyes. I watched them twinkle as they caught on the lights all around the glowing room, my own eyes then darted to her lips and back up. As I met her eyes again I noticed them mirroring my previous action and repeated it myself, the music seemed to die down in the background as all of my attention came to the girl.