десять

2 4 H O U R S L A T E R

I was waiting on the curve outside of the Triskelion for Captain America to exit. My contact told me, he would come back from a mission today, which was the perfect opportunity to shadow him for a while.

I was already waiting for some time when something caught my eye. I squinted my eyes together in concentration. A motorbike was aprooching my position.

"Bingo. There he is." I muttered.

I got into a black Audi and followed him. Unknowingly to him, Rogers took me straight across Washington to the Smithsonian, my original destination wouldn't it be for this stupid mission.

Instead of following him further into the parking lot, I drove right and looked for a parking space a little further away to not attract attention.

I looked in the rearview mirror and pulled a white cap over my red, chest lenght, loose hair. With a quick look around me, I got out of the car and headed towards the museum entrance.

As I enterd, I made my way over towards the Catain America exhibition. On my way there I could here a announcement over the speakers but I simply ignored it.
I tried to find the Captain among the crowd but he was nowhere to be seen. He probaly already arrived at "his" part of the museum.

I walked alongside big banners dedicated to Captain America. This time I didn't have to just act interested into the exhibition. I let my eyes wander over every single info board, to take in as much information as possible.

I didn't want to admit it to myself at the time, but I enjoyed spending my day like this.

I never enjoyed doing missions, I never enjoyed killing all those peaple, torturing them or just putting three bullets trough their skull or even just snapping my target's necks . Afterall they were just my targets.

But I enjoyed being outside, savoring the moments of freedom it brought me, when there was no Hydra breathing down my neck, giving me orders and treating me like nothing. But then again, I had nothing except the Organization. No family. No freedom. I had no place in the world.

I knew that I originally belonged to the Red Room and even partially to Hydra. I wasn't my own person and I couldn't see a time were I was free from everything and everyone holding me down. So it was a relief to work permanently out in the field on simple eliminations or undercover missions that had to be done in a short amount of time.

It was the first time that I actually dwelled on my worries while collecting intel. I never really thought about my worries, or my pain, knowing that I would end up hurt again. It would mean that I'm weak. But weakness wasn't tolerated at the Academy and frowned upon in Hydra and would just lead to failure. Which again meant death.

In the corner of my eye I saw a tall musacular man walking with his haed down wearing a cap. I looked closer at his side profile and managed to take a good look at the left side of his face. The babby blue eyes being my lead to identify this man as Steve Rogers, after seeing enough pictures of him in this museum.

I observed as Rogers was discovered by a kid and it recognized him. He just showed the kid to not tell anybody that he is here. The kid nodded starstruck and watched him leaving.