seven, a strange garden

❝ What siding with a Bennett witch will cause you? ❞

☆ ☼ ☆

     A long-distance had been installed between the quartet and the exploding bus when they stopped running. Sheila trailed behind the others, her heart still accommodating to the constant movement the group had done in such little time. She thanked Lee and Charlie for being harsh on her during training and giving her technics to gain her breath quickly. Without them, she would be sprawled out in the dirt and wheezing. 

It soon began to rain, the trees doing barely anything to protect the teenagers against it. Sheila took a moment to glare at the sky, hoping Zeus could sense her hatred. But with the many trees blocking the group from civilization, she doubted any god would notice her. It was too dark out anyway, and the girl grew wary. She searched in her memory for an illuminating spell, muttering the words when she found it. A ball of light formed in her open palm and lit up the inexistent path. The others' eyes were soon on Sheila.

     Annabeth grinned at the sight, the light reassuring. It helped the trapped feeling the four currently shared. Golden rays spread around them, and Percy stepped aside as one almost hit him in the chest. Sheila hid her smirk, walking forward and taking the lead. She then realized they weren't walking in a line anymore but in a strange circle form. A groan dragged itself out of her throat. They weren't going anywhere.

Grover shivered from beside Sheila. His goat eyes were unnaturally large and full of terror. She couldn't blame the satyr as he spoke, "Three Kindly Ones. All three at once."

     Annabeth ignored him, telling Sheila to keep going further. Sheila groaned, the wound on her arm hurting her more than before, but she kept quiet for her friend's sake and followed her directions. It was best not to fuel Annabeth's annoyance while they were lost somewhere in New York. 

Percy didn't think the same as Sheila, though, instead speaking up about what they didn't have anymore. "All our money was back there," he reminded. "Our food and clothes. Everything."

     Sheila rolled her eyes, restraining her snarky comments, unlike Annabeth. "Well, maybe if you hadn't decided to jump into the fight—"

"What did you want me to do? Let you get killed?"

     "You didn't need to protect us, Percy. We would've been fine."

"Sliced like sandwich bread," Grover commented, "but fine."

     "Shut up, Grover," Annabeth snapped.

Sheila crashed her light in a moment of rage, the movement attracting the others' attention. "All of you shut it. It doesn't matter now. It happened, and we can't do anything about it. Let's just find somewhere to sleep. We'll argue about how stupid we acted once we're settled."