🌘Prologue🌒

Gravedigger sprinted. His shovel waved wildly as he tried to pick up his pace, but he could only go so fast. He was being toyed with, they wanted him to feel like this.

The moon was high and he heard the arrows fly past his head. If he managed to get to the foggy parts of graveyard, he'd be able to hide. He jumped over empty graves and shifted out of the way of incoming gravestones.

Gravedigger would take off the gravestone on his back so he get sprint faster, but it was protecting him from the arrows trying to penetrate him. He felt them dig into the stone as they hit him. He'd be downed by now if he didn't have them.

The fog was in view. If he got behind the wispy curtain, they couldn't aim for him. But a seething pain in his ankle brought him down. Gravedigger rolled to the ground and hit against a gravestone.

The arrows on his gravestone broke off with the roll and were now scattered. With a cry, Gravedigger looked down at his ankle. There was an arrow shot right through it. He couldn't finish the distance.

Gravedigger forced himself to get up, using his shovel as support. A bright glow had him looking up. A woman was floating there, bow and arrow at the ready.

"Will you join me now?" The woman asked. But Gravedigger only growled at her. "Never. As the gravekeeper, I do not serve any Titan! I bury our kind, you know this!"

She just stared at him, arrow still ready to shoot. Gravedigger took the moment to continue on, "Killing me won't help your cause. They'll hunt you down if you do this."

"Then I will make them beg for mercy," she spoke without feeling. With a flick of her fingers, the arrow flew forward and drove into the skull of the Titan, bringing him down to the ground with a thud.

Dark red blood pooled down from his head as his once bright red eyes faded to a dull and empty color.

The gravekeeper was dead...