1. Leaving the Dock

Finley and George were racing to the boat dock but sadly George won. so since they were at the dock anyway they both went to see if Peter and Mr Dawson needed any help taking stuff off of Moonstone to make room for all of the soldiers that are going to be onboard. 

Once they both got there George got given a stack of plates which he carefully put aside along with Peter who put the books he carried out in the same place that George put the plates. 

"Navy's requisitioned her" Peter said as he paused then spoke again "there's some men across the channel, at Dunkirk, need taking off. They told us to strip her and load those life jackets" He said and pointed at the life jackets 

"Some men?" George asked and Finley just looked confused 

"Navy'll be back in an hour" Peter paused then resumed talking again "My dad wants to be ready before then" He said as he went aboard Moonstone again. 

Finley begins to stack the life jackets onto the small boat then she didn't leave the boat to get more life jackets but George was standing on the dock since he just finished getting life jackets aboard the boat. 

"Ready on the stern line, Finley" Mr Dawson said to Finley, so she stepped onto the dock with her brother as the Naval officers walked across the dock. 

"Aren't you waiting for the Navy?" She asked as Mr Dawson but he started the engine 

"They've asked for Moonstone, they'll have her. With her Captain" 

"And his son" Peter said as he jumps down onto the boat with a rope

The boat then moves off of the dock "Thanks for the help, George and Fin" Peter says as he looks to Finley waiting to catch the line from her but her brother jumps on the boat along with her who jumps on after him. 

"You two know where we're going?" Peter asked them then George responded "France" 

"Into war, George" Mr Dawson said to them 

"we'll be useful sir" Finley said to him and her brother leaned sat on the end of the boat 

Finley looked out at sea as they left the dock, she was going out to war and anything could happen, she could die, her brother could die but she thinks that would never happen, her brother is braver than her just by a bit so him dying really never would happen but then again it could. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment what you think and yes, i know it's short but it will get longer :))