3. It's Okay

Mr Dawson is back at the helm and the Shivering Soldier they just saved is sitting in the well with a blanket over his shoulders currently staring at the deck. 

George walked forward and spoke to the soldier "Come below- it's out of the wind" he said softly but the soldier shook his head "Really- it's warmer" George said, trying to get him inside then reached out for his arm but the soldier hit it away.

Finley was looking out to sea when she saw what was happening "Leave him, George" She said while looking at her brother who looked back at her. "He feels safer on deck. You would too if you'd been bombed" she was about to continue until the soldier spoke 

"U-boat" the soldier said in a whisper and Finley along with her brother who just looked at him confused "It was a U-boat" the soldier repeated 

Just then Peter came from the helm, where his father was, "get him some tea, George" Peter said as stood beside Finley who was looking out to sea once again.

 "Are you alright?" Peter asked her as she wrapped her arms around herself but she nodded after he asked

 "Yes, I'm alright, just cold" She admitted, as she said that Peter went downstairs and Finley was confused but a few seconds later Peter came back with a blanket then put it around her shoulders and smiled at her so she returned the small smile and smiled back.  

Soon enough George came back with a warm cup of tea in his hand then gave it to the shivering soldier who was still sitting in the well.

Just as Finley was about to speak a loud 'boom' started reverberating again.

The shivering soldier looked up, realizing something then he stood 

"W-where are we going?" he said to Mr Dawson 

"Dunkirk" Mr Dawson replied shortly, keeping his eyes on the sea 

"No" The soldier said as he shook his head "We are going to England" 

"We have to go to Dunkirk first" 

"I'm not going back" The soldier said as he shook his head

Peter and Finley watched from a far 

"Look at it" He pointed at the dark cloud on the horizon "We go there we'll die" the soldier really didn't want to go since what happened last time when he was there was an absolute disaster.

Mr Dawson looked at the Soldier calmly "I see your point, son.  Take your tea below and warm up while we plot a course" 

A few seconds later The Soldier goes down the stairs with a bit of help from Peter

Peter opens the door to the forepeak and Finley sits the Shivering soldier down on a narrow bunk.

"I'll get you some more tea" Finley said as she took the cup from the soldier then she closes the door and looks at the bolt to lock the door then Peter comes over behind her "lock it, then unlock it to give him the tea" he whispered, suggesting, but she shook her head then went to make the tea.

Meanwhile upstairs Mr Dawson and George were having a conversation

 "Is he a coward?" George asked Mr Dawson

"He's shell-shocked, George. He's not himself" Mr Dawson took a pause then spoke again "He may never be himself again" He added 

Backdown the stairs Peter finished making the tea for the soldier then gave it to Finley to give to him. 

When Finley gave the tea to the soldier, he accepted it wordlessly, staring in front of him as Finley closed the door then Peter, once again, told her to lock the door.