117 | Surprise Gift

"THANK YOU FOR YOUR visit, Mr. Maximilian Leigh Sinclaire," the four members of the House of Queens' Elites say as they bow to Max before he takes his leave.

     After Max's conversation with their Elites' president, Max went back to the auditorium as promised, which honestly surprised the white uniforms because they thought that Max was just going to leave.

     Thankfully he followed Red's lecture earlier. If he left then the student would have just easily made fun of him again, but since he stayed and even watched the whole ceremony like the honored guest that he truly is, no one said a thing. He was even given the privilege to crown their new Ms. Beauty & Brains representative.

     Overall it was a surprisingly wonderful experience.

     "Thank you for today. And good luck with the pageant," Max sincerely says, and then Red appears beside him and touches his shoulder to catch his attention.

     "Hey Max, my ride is here. I'll be heading back first," Red tells him, and Max hugs him and thanks him for accompanying him.

     "I'll see you tomorrow?" Max says as he pulls away from Red, and Red nods his head and turns back to head to his car, but then the students who were there suddenly became silent when they saw a group of black uniforms approaching them. To Max and Red's surprise, they were the baroness, Miss Sunday, and the countess, Marksmen.

     "What are they doing here?" Max asks as he watches them approach Red.

     Red doesn't say anything, but then the two sisterhoods line up in front of him and suddenly bow to him to show him respect, surprising Max more as he stood beside Red.

     "Have a safe ride home, our Duke," one of the members of Miss Sunday says.

     Red doesn't say anything for a while, but then he starts laughing, making the two sisterhoods stand straight to look at him with confusion.

     "Did Max's speech really scare you guys?" Red teases, but before any of them could even answer, Red touches his chest and slightly bows his head to acknowledge them. Without saying anything further, he smiles to Max again and finally takes his leave.

     "W-Well, I guess I'll be leaving now too," Max awkwardly says. But before he could approach Étienne who's holding the car door open for him, the leader of Marksmen approaches Max and suddenly hands him a letter.

     Max was surprised, but he takes the letter anyway.

     "That's from our queen, Cindy. She said he won't be able to send you home, but she thanks you for coming to our house," she says as Max stares at the letter.

     "I see. Thank you for sending this to me," Max says as he puts the letter inside his pocket and finally makes his way to his car. But before taking a step inside, he looks back at the House of Queens for the last time before finally going inside.

     Étienne closes the door and rushes to the driver's seat so they could finally leave.

     "Where to, master Leigh?" Étienne asks.

     Max continues to look out of the window, staring at the members of the Elites who continued to bow to him. "They told me I don't have to attend the rest of the classes anymore so let's just go back home. Notify the chefs too and tell them to prepare me lunch, I'm starving," he says, and Étienne nods his head and finally drives away.

     As soon as they drive out of the gates of J.S High's sister school, Étienne looks back at Max through the rearview mirror and asks him, "So, did you embarrass yourself like how you were worried about?"