I: Domestic Rage

Domestic Rage  ✷  Chapter One

Domestic Rage  Chapter One.

To truly feel life's agonizing caress, one must learn to fall in love with nothing, everything and all the things in between. To survive in this superficial world, all glimmer, no gold, people have to learn to treasure their darlings, not kill them.

For Kitty, Stars Hollow was her darling, her sweetheart.

Stars Hollow magic was the enchantment of a 16-year-old confessing, finally telling her crush she loved them after months, years of pining, watching from afar, the exhilaration of breaking your first speed ticket, sugar rushes and drunken highs making you feel like you're laughing too loud so you cover your mouth because it feels like you're about to wake the whole town. Listening to your favourite song barefoot on the grass, a rain drop poising to tumble off the tip of your nose. The music hugging your soul in that familiar way, was magic.

Old French songs on the radio, so pretty that you don't
understand a single majestic word being sung, but you just
know that whatever they're saying feels like smiling during
passionate, tender kisses. Because it's nothing but pure
magic pouring from their lips. Soft hearts that are
continuously being healed, put back together again only to
be broken once more, a lovelorn musician associating every
little thing with their love, their muse, magic. All magic.

Magic. Stars Hollow made Kitty Lovelace believe it then.

Kitty weaved magic through her words, her actions. She didn't know how, she didn't know that she did. It made the people that knew her believe she was some ethereal being sent from above to grace the world with the enchantment of falling in love with life.

The streets of Stars Hollow roared with cheers and howls of excitement the minute Kitty Lovelace danced with great enthusiastic intensions. It called a burning orange spotlight on her body as it moved so effortlessly.

She always skipped over the cracks in the pavement and made sure she was stepping in time with the beat of the song blasting through her headphones. It was a Kitty thing; she wouldn't expect you to understand. She moved like the floor was quicksand and it was hungry for her ankles. It was hot white summer and Kitty was on her last hurrah.

She had Christian Dior sunglasses on the bridge of her nose because her eyes were like a casket for the burial, and the August sun was blazing in her face. Funny thing is; Kitty hated the yellow bandana wrapped twice around her wrist because it was constantly covered in dirt and stuck to her skin when the heat stung a tad too much. But Teddy Bennet gave it to her seven years ago on her first day in Stars Hollow and promised that they would be best friends forever.