II: Pretty Girl Complex

Pretty Girl Complex   ✷  Chapter Two

Pretty Girl Complex ✷  Chapter Two.

     Too much for these normal people, her. She was attention seeker, odd since she never seemed to melt into the background, with her mind always working and in overdrive. No more swallowing nail varnish just to taste something.

Academic validation was salvation to Kitty, she soaked up knowledge like a sponge whose strength knows no limit.
But, no matter how perfect, she was ever just a little kid; and little kids often never come out of childhood without some type of divine intervention. Because, how ironic was it that everyone wanted to be her, yet she still hated herself?

Her life was glittery most of the time, but it crumbled with her alone and never did feel the same. Small facts about her:
she hated the cold and fire made her nervous and her emotional support was the hundred percent written in red marker across the front of her paper.

For a girl whose hometown was a modern architecture with just a hint of oldish renaissance-styled shops, perfectly carved trees giving it a hint of green and satisfying to the pretty-eyed, she was surprised she hadn't fallen sooner because she craved familiarity.

Kitty dragged her worn cheer sneakers against the polished floor, and it obnoxiously echoed through the powder-blue lockers in rows across the wall. A sea of hollow dolls belonging to the walls of Chilton brushed swiftly past her, staring at her. She had grown used to the stares. Whether she wanted it not, Kitty Lovelace had become the Sun. Wherever she strode, all eyes were on her. They calculated her every move, the rich folk, and the folk in Stars Hollow liked to swallow her up just to chew and then spit her right out again.

The door swung back behind them. "Hey, did you hear that Kimber Slately and Tristan are a major item?"

Kitty's upper lips curled, and she held her notebook tighter to her chest. "Gross. Wasn't she just with the lacrosse player?"

"Yeah, I thought that Kimber and Shawn Asher were this year's John and Jackie." Louise Grant's voice is like velvet.

Madeline Lynn shrugged, "Nope. Shawn is with Deeds McGuire now, which pushed Jeff Trainer into Dottie Lords' arms,"—The three sat on the plastic chairs, placing their notebooks on the table—"Leaving Madison Maylands alone for the first weekend since he became captain of the lacrosse team."

The boredom of teenage girls was a dangerous thing, especially Madeline Lynn. She swallowed it up and came out with another notch on her belt, ecstasy under her tongue. Louise's pen twirled between her ringed pointer finger and thumb. "Wow, you know so much so soon. You have a gift."