III: All Rage, No Patience

All Rage, No Patience ✷  Chapter Three

     Kitty Lovelace is a good person. Kitty Lovelace is a saint. She is shiny and polished and has pretty teeth made for kissing and not biting. So, glittery Kitty Lovelace lights her way up through Stars Hollow and returns to the Gilmore residence with flushed cheeks and lower lip tucked beneath her pearly teeth, painting her lips with a femme-fatale smile.

There was a fan above her but the brown-colored curtains rippled with the outside wind instead. She chewed on the inside of her cheek, wiping her palms against the bare skin of her thighs. The bed cracked softly when she shifted, just enough to remind her that she was in Rory Gilmore's room and not her home.

"Here," Rory Gilmore breezed into the room with a soft smile on her face and a plate with blue swirls holding fruit in her hand. "The only healthy thing we have in this house."

"Thanks, Ro." Kitty's footsteps were those of a ghost on the polished floor. She had salvaged her soul from a house of flames and thrown herself into another one. She flopped back onto the comforter and sighed loudly, counting the paint swirls on the ceiling.

Rory's pager buzzed. "It's Dean."

Kitty groaned, leaning into the crook of her elbow. "Forester's an asshole, Rory. I don't know how you're still with him."

Rory frowned, slumping in her wooden chair. Her chipped fingernails moved vigorously at the keyboard, typing and clicking echoing against the walls. "He's a nice person once you get to know him, Kitty. Give him a chance."

It was known Kitty Lovelace did not like Dean Forester at all. He wasn't a good person, and he certainly was not good for Rory at all. It pained her sometimes, the more she noticed the signs, to think about how hard the pair would come crashing down when they realize that their relationship, that toxic part they hid well enough from the rest of the world, was nothing if not bound to crash and burn. Violently, at that.

Kitty twirled a strand of hair between her fingers. She ran her thumbs around the hem of her white Chanel stockings, peeling them away from the bare skin of her thighs. "He broke up with you because you didn't say I love you," She scoffed, "Like, what a bitch."

"Don't call him that," Rory looked away from her computer, and she chewed on her lower lip. "He was just sad. Wouldn't you be hurt if you told them you loved them only for them to not say it back?"

Kitty bit the fingernails on her left hand, dragging her thumb away from her mouth and tucking it beneath her chin. She shrugged, "I would've just ran off with another guy. If he won't, someone else will."