01.| ᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴏɴᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴛᴡᴏ [2]

━━━ CHAPTER ONE.
01. thing one and thing two.
❝ OH, SHITS ABOUT TO GO
DOWN. ❞

THE PARTY WAS GOING smoothly

THE PARTY WAS GOING smoothly. It was just like any other high schooler's party. There were people laughing, dancing, drinking, smoking and just enjoying their night. But of course, like every other party, Matthew was seated and drinking. He liked to stay to himself. He'd get up here and there to interact with people. But other than that, he didn't pay mind to anyone.

Well, that was until a certain duo caught his eyes. From the corner of his eye, he saw Mckay and Cassie both seated on the staircase, smiling and giggling. It made him sick. And what made it even worse was when he saw them both get up and leave upstairs.

He felt completely sick to his stomach. He could only imagine what was about to go down. But who was he to stop Cassie from enjoying her night? And doing whatever she pleases to do with her body.

He leans back in his seat, sighing heavily. The boy shuts his eyes, ready to doze off. But that was until he felt weight colliding onto his body. He groans when he felt the impact on his stomach.

He opens his eyes to see Rue smiling. "Missed me?"

Matthew laughs. "Rue Bennet, look who rose from the dead." he chuckles.

"What did I miss while I was gone?" Rue questions.

Matthew shrugs. "Not much. Same shit in this shit town," he mumbles. "America's most hated couple broke up for the 10th time." he points at Nate who was staring at Maddy walking into a pool with some random guy.

"Oh shits about to go down," Rue announces.

Matthew sighs. "Yep."

Another weight collided right beside Matthew. And he knew exactly who it was.

"Fez." Matthew smiles, he daps him up.

"Matthew, long time no see." Fezco chuckles. He points at Rue. "You owe me a hundred and twenty bucks." he passes a blunt to Matthew.

Matthew shakes his head and passes it to Rue who gladly took it.

"Look at us three." Fez mumbles. "The three of us back together. Again."

Matthew smiles, he raises his bottle. "To being reacquainted." he brings the bottle to his lips and takes a sip.

He then hands it over to Fez who took a sip as well. Same with Rue.

The bond those three teens shared was unusual. You'd look at them individually and wouldn't think for a second that they'd even known each other. Let alone be best friends. But them being so different from each other was what brought them together. They never judged each other, they looked out for another.

Fez and Matthew looked after Rue. They'd lay their lives down for her. And when shit got hot at the beginning of the summer— truth be told it took a complete toll over them both. It fucked with their heads. They thought Rue would've died that night. They were more than thankful she didn't.