06.| ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴀɪɴ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀᴀᴜᴍᴀ [1]

━━━ CHAPTER SIX.
06. the pain and trauma.
❝ I WOULD NEVER LAY A HAND
ON YOU. ❞

THE LAST FEW DAYS had been hell for Matthew

THE LAST FEW DAYS had been hell for Matthew. Ever since the Carnival, things were extremely awkward and weird between him and Cassie. As of now, Matthew was currently with Ash and Fez. Getting yet another tattoo. He found the pain pleasuring. The needles and ink stabbed into his skin. He loved the pain. And he loved the design Ash chose even more.

"Hey, you sure you don't want a painkiller for that?" Ash questions, finishing up his work of art.

Matthew glances at Ash, he shakes his head. "Nah, I'm fine. You almost done?"

Ash waits a few seconds before answering. He backs away smirking. "Finished."

Matthew stands from the seat, walking toward the mirror. "This is really good Ash." He says admiring the tattoo.

It had been a vine of flowers and thorns which had traveled from inches above his collarbone, down to his biceps.

"How much?" Matthew questions, placing his focus back on the kid as he took out his wallet.

"Ask that again and I'm putting a bullet through you," Fez says making his appearance. Walking from out of one of the rooms and towards the two. "You know it's on the house, man. Just like all your other ones were."

"Okay okay." Matthew chuckles, greeting the boy with a firm dap up and hug. "Fuck man, I don't want to go to class." He mumbles, throwing on a shirt.

"Just skip," Ash suggests.

Matthew snorts. "Oh yeah? So I can turn out like you? You intelligent handsome young man." He teases, ruffling Ash's shaved head.

"Get off of me." Ash pushes him off, rolling his eyes. He had been holding back a laugh.

Fez takes a seat, leaning back. "When are you gonna come by and hang out with us?"

"You can always stop by the Halloween party. We could have a few drinks." Matthew tells him, now throwing on his jacket.

"I'll check it out. No promises though."

Matthew hums. "Alright, well I'll see you later. I've got to head out."

And just like that, Matthew left and made his way to school. He seemed to have made it by the third period. The second bell had rung and there were only a few students in the hall. Also known as the late ones. He saw a few familiar faces and made his way toward them.

"Hey, Lex." Matthew smiles. He looks beside Lexi to see her sister. He gives her a weak smile. "Hey, Cass."

"Hey, Matty." Cassie smiles.

The three were about to break into conversation but Nate being escorted by cops to the principal's office, caught the boy's attention. Actually, it caught about everyone's attention.