08.| ʙᴏɴɴɪᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴄʟʏᴅᴇ [2]

━━━ CHAPTER EIGHT.
08. Bonnie and Clyde.
❝ I THINK YOU'RE
PATHETIC. ❞

YOU'D THINK THAT MATTHEW would've been bouncing off the walls in excitement regarding what had just happened between him and Cassie

YOU'D THINK THAT MATTHEW would've been bouncing off the walls in excitement regarding what had just happened between him and Cassie. But instead, he found himself staring into the mirror. Completely taken back by his actions. It all replayed in his head, over and over again. He felt guilty. He felt disgusted with himself. Not because he slept with Cassie but because of where he slept with her.

Their first time was not only at a party but while they both had been a bit intoxicated.

Cassie walks into the bathroom, now fully clothed. She sits on the toilet cover, looking over at Matthew who still hadn't said a word.

"Do you regret it?"

Matthew looks over at her with a confused expression. He instantly shakes his head. He crouched down in front of her, placing his hand on her shoulders. "I don't regret a thing. I swear. I- I just didn't want it to be like this. I wanted it to be different. The way you deserved."

Cassie stays silent.

"Love your costume by the way." Matthew changes the subject. Taking a step back to take a good look at the blonde.

Cassie chuckles. "Thanks. I see you and Maddy came matching.. are you two—"

"Nothing is going on between us." Matthew instantly interrupts. His body grew tensed as he thought back to the moment Nate and Maddy shared earlier.

Cassie noticed the uncomfortable look on the boy's face, she decided to change the subject. "Okay.. um, well do you want to go back down and join the party again?"

Matthew nods, noticing he had still been without clothes, he walks over to the other side of the room where his clothes had been. He threw on his costume form before, and hand in hand they make their way downstairs.

Everyone stared at them in confusion. If he came with Maddy why was he now with Cassie? But no one questioned it considering Maddy had her tongue down Nate's throat earlier. Matthew makes eye contact with Maddy who seemed hurt, but his eyes showed no emotion toward her.

As they reached the kitchen where most of the drinks were, Matthew picks Cassie up by the waist and set her down on the countertop. He stood in between her legs, looking at her while he reached over for the nearest bottle.

"Why are you looking at me like that?"

"Like what?" Matthew smirks, still holding eye contact.

Cassie smiles, still looking down at him.

Matthew feels himself being stared down but he didn't bother to see who it had been, because instead, he decided to grab Cassie's face and connect their lips. They made out for a while, completely forgetting they had been in a public area.