Welcome to white space

To say atlas was a nice place, would be akin to calling Grimm harmless puppies. Atlas was a frozen wasteland with little to nothing in it besides snow and ice.

And the actually city's, but that was beside the point.

Even the "great city of atlas" stood floating hundreds of feet over the ground, leaving it invulnerable to any land Grimm attacks and the dangers of living in such a volatile environment.

It was still cold, stupid cold, but that was about all the city of atlas had to deal with. A bit of snow, a bit of cold wind, and subpar weather.

For a kingdom who took pride in where it came from, it was very disconnected from its own land, and by extension, it's own people.

The citizens of atlas, those who didn't live on the floating fortress of Atlas proper, hated this desolate place. The cold, the snow, the cold, there was nothing here that Vale, Vacuo or mistral could not provide.

The only other "city" in the entirety of Atlas was mantle, which laid directly beneath the floating city.

It was, generous, to call mantle a city.

It was more of a collection of small cramped apartments, closed stores, and a giant crater next to it where atlas once stood- before it had taken off into the sky.

It was almost as if atlas had cut of the slums of its great city, and left it on the ground as they ascended into the air, to their salvation. Leaving the poor and defenseless to fight over what little resources remained. Of course atlas still "supported" them, giving mantle whatever resources they required, but it was no coincidence that all the resources coming from atlas took a excruciatingly long time to arrive.

Atlas was a mess, but somehow still the most powerful kingdom on remnant

And Jaune was determined to find out why

—————————

"Fascinating" Jaune commented as he looked out of the window of his prison transport.

His gaze was fixed on Atlas, more specifically the floating city which was connected to the ground by a few cables.

"Shut it prisoner" one of the guards on his left said, shooting a glare at the kid in front of him

"Tell me solider, how is it that a city of that magnitude is held up by a few messily cables? That isn't physically possible." Jaune said, ignoring the soilders words

"Gravity dust" said a voice from his right

Jaune looked over to see a women in all white, with hair over her eye and down to her shoulders. She had what Jaune could identify as a rapier attached to her hip, and a blue stripe on her chest.

"Gravity dust you say?" Jaune mussed "must take a lot to keep something that heavy floating, but I do guess you have a stockpile thanks to the shcnees's and their dust company"

The women raised an eyebrow

"You are very well spoken for a child" she said "how old are you?"

"I am Seven" he said, ignoring the looks of shock from the soldiers around him "Though I suppose I'm turning eight soon"

"You also seem relatively calm, considering where your going" the women continued "You'll never be a free man again, yet you seem uncaring to that fact"