Chapter 3 "Home field advantage"

Asuka and Quincy are on approach to the massive obsidian pyramid levitating behind the Monolith and the city around it. Asuka looked at the black ramp leading inside with a look of anxiety, nervously rubbing her lower hands together.

Asuka; "... I'm never gonna get used to this."

Quincy; "You don't have to be so nervous, uh... It's not like he's judging you."

Asuka; "It's not Lekse himself... It's the fact he lives in a gigantic spaceship twice the size of Seattle."

Quincy; "I mean... Technically, he is the ship-"

Asuka; "What?!"

Quincy; "Well, not, like, the entire thing, but it's like his body and-"

Asuka; "Let's... just, go inside, before I get scared and change my mind."

Quincy; "Oh, he's friendly! I've known him for... Well, close to three years. It doesn't sound like a lot, but that's thrice my lifespan if I didn't have this suit."

Asuka looks down, planting her two lower fists on her hips with a sigh.

Asuka; "Ok... Let's go."

Both Asuka and Quincy began making their way up the ramp and onto the ship. They walk through the hallways for many minutes, close to an hour, before reaching a large sapphire cylinder inside a massive room. Within the cylinder, white fumes condensed and coalesced into a humanoid form that walked out. The form was about 4 meters tall, with six fingered hands and two thumbs, black dots in place of his eyes. His face, despite him being a white silhouette, had the appearance of an aged Human, a look of grim resolve and trauma about him.

Quincy; "Lekse... Asuka wanted to speak with you."

Lekse; "Heh... I remember you. You were there to rent the land from Quincy."

Asuka swallowed a knot in her throat before speaking.

Asuka; "Yeah... Quincy said you know a lot about Iskellium: same magic that Pearl has. She's already very advanced in her training, but I want to learn more."

Lekse walked a bit closer, clasping his hands behind his back.

Lekse; "Before I can teach you, you must know the craft; do you even know how Iskellian powers work?"

Asuka; "No... But I'd like to."

Lekse; "Then listen close."

Lekse held up his hands and a projection of three blue orbs formed above him; one had a visage of Asuka, one of a rock, and one of the blocky, cyan energy she controlled.

Lekse; "There exists in Mortalis twelve different Iskel elements, each an aspect of existence. Normally, to interact with the world, you must exert physical force onto it; cause and effect."

A line of blue mist forms between the Asuka image and the rock image, and remains for a few seconds before dissipating.

Lekse; "Iskellium, is the accidental or intentional linking of your soul, or Iskel, to one of these twelve elements."

A sapphire chain forms between the image of the blocky energy and the Asuka image.

Lekse; "In your case, it's Chaotic Iskel: aspect of Gigel'imer, Princess of Chaos. It's with this power you control wormholes and teleportation."

Asuka; "Uh, one question, real quick... Who's Giggle-heimer?"

Lekse; "Gigel'imer, is the Envoy Primeval of Chaotic Iskel. Each type has its' own Envoy that maintains its' presence in Mortalis and ensures it functions properly within the standard laws of physics... Anyways."