Chapter 4 "Rebuttal"

Pearl and the avatar of Lekse make their way to the landing pads in the city, picking one to stand at and look off into space, awaiting the return of Flint and Kai. Lekse glanced to Pearl, clasping his hands behind his back.

Lekse; "So... When are you going to tell them?"

Pearl scoffed and crossed her arms.

Pearl; "What?! What do you- No, why would I tell any of them?"

Lekse; "Because you tend to put a lot of trust in mortals."

Pearl shrugged a little, moving on to swinging her arms back and forth.

Pearl; "Coming from the guy that also put trust in mortals."

Lekse raised an eyebrow as he looked back to Pearl once more.

Lekse; "Do you not remember where were you during the Promethean war, hm?"

Before Pearl can answer, a ship exits FTL in a flash of white light, slowing to a stable orbit of Mercury. They both cease their conversation as the ship came down, landing gear nigh bending from the force of the touchdown. Momentarily after, the ramp at the back lowers, and the trio of Flint, Kai and Ermak exit the ship, Ermak in particular stumbling out and falling onto his back with a shout.

Kai; "Next time, I fly the ship."

Flint; "What're you talkin' about, I did fine! Just like drivin' a car!"

Kai; "If my speech therapy lessons are anything to go by, they are nothing alike."

Ermak gets on his feet, adjusting a belt about his waist holding a scroll to his side.

Ermak; "All Ermak knows is... He is on solid ground again, and he is grateful."

Asuka ran up the stairs to meet with the trio, coming alongside Pearl and Lekse as Ermak kissed the metal at his feet before spitting off to the side and wiping off his mouth.

Flint; "Hey, 'Suka! How'd everything go with Lekse?"

Asuka; "Fine, but uh... We have a situation at the gate."

Flint; "More folks came?"

Flint started walking towards the stairs down, the others following excpet Lekse, whose avatar dissipated.

Asuka; "Just one... Quincy is keeping him occupied."

As they walk along, they see a ship go into orbit from the direction of the gate. Once there, they see Quincy speaking with a large Aludian, sword in the Aludians' hand. Quincy, meanwhile, was projecting a document with his mech.

Quincy; "So, as you can see by article 47, section 31, subsection 12, sub-sub-section 7, you are in violation of the Free Peoples' Democratic Soviet Republics' law of property ownership on neighboring bodies and therefore: Trespassing."

The Aludian simply huffed and dragged his sword horizontally across the gate with the irritating whine of metal on metal, the symbol on the end of the blade visible. The other five come behind Quincy as he backs away at the raising of the sword.

Asuka; "And who might you be?"

"I am Thalnok, here on behalf of another."

Flint; "... And you came yourself?"

Thalnok; "I... am all that is necessary."

Ermak came forward, getting between Quincy and the gate.

Ermak; "Name sounds familiar... You know Chain Breakers?"

Thalnok; "My ancestors aided Ishnek in her revolution. She was right, and you know it, Ermak."