New Members.

Chapter 6:

Everyone cheered and whistled.

I think we did a great job. I didn't mess up the beat and Summer sure seemed to play her heart out on that set of drums.

"So w-what do you guys think?" I hesitated not sure if it was as great to them as it was to us.

"Ladies and gentlemen," Mr. Apple stood up and gestured while smiling,
"Who's auditioning first?"

There was a short moment of silence filled with thought.

"I'd like to audition and show you my guitar skills." A British fella replied.

"Well, well, well, if it isn't the one and only Louis Tomlinson, I've only seen you play violin, you must be a man with lots of hidden talent!" Mr. Apple wandered.
"Go ahead young sir and show us what you've got" he cheered.

I gazed at Summer for a moment. He was good looking and smart but is he the rock type? Surely they thought the same about us in the beginning.

The moment his fingers touched the cords it was a rock melody being played and his moves, the way he became one with the music, was magical. He definitely had what it took to be a professional.

"How was that?" He suddenly showed signs of disbelief in himself.

"Please write your name down on that piece of paper lying on that seat over there," Summer demonstrated, "You are surely the best I've heard in a while Louis, right Lauren?" She looked at me.

"Lauren?" She quizzed me.

"Uh-uhm, yes! Amazing! Even better than I am!" I smiled not as happy to admit that I'm not as good.

"Okay, alright. Who's next?"
Mr. Apple clapped his hands in anticipation.

"I'd like to try the drums"
A male voice from the back echoed.

"I'm sorry but I play the drums." Summer tried to sugarcoat her rudeness.

"I assume it's the only thing you play and you but obviously have any talent. Are you still taking lessons on how to play the drums or are you just watching YouTube tutorials everyday?"
I noticed that that voice was none other than the first team Football player's.

Summer stood up and started walking up to him clenching her fist and blowing the strands of hair away from her face.

"You have messed with me before and I allowed it, but this time I'm not -" just before she could finish a girl protested and blocked her from reaching out to him.

"Don't you worry, tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they would look forward to the trip, and darling, I can do that." She told Summer and then Summer slowly stepped back.

The girl turned around and faced the Football player.

"Listen up Box of Biscuits, Big shot, Gunner. B. Hood," she said all sweet and lovely.

He stood up and crossed his arms awaiting.

"Haters only hate the things they can't have or do and the people they can't be. It's just how jealousy works. Now if you wanna be a lil b!tch about how she plays then you better take a break and go walk outside because she doesn't deserve your meaningless comments, it's not Instagram. So rather sit yo ass down or go."
She winked and turned around.

"Oh and by the way, you might want to eat a Snicker's bar when you're outside, maybe you'll be more bearable afterwards. After all, you know what they say. You're not yourself when you're hungry."
She mentioned over her shoulder.

"Well that was very interesting Louise. You surely don't take nonsense.
Will you be auditioning?" Mr. Apple asked quite shocked.

"Yes sir, I'd like to try vocals" she smiled.

"Oh, I actually meant for the school drama club but I'm sure you can audition for the band too." Mr. Apple chuckled and handed her over a microphone while adding, "it's not on, it's just a prop for now"

She nodded and then took off on her vocal journey and sang, All my life by The Foo Fighters.

She sang beautifully. My eyes teared up and I could see Summer also wiping away tears.
It was like she was singing in the choir of angels.

Her eyes were cringed. Probably to not see everyone's faces. Nerves could probably ruin her whole song.

"Good enough Lauren and Summer?" She turned her back to the audience and focused her eyes on us. Waiting for a reply.

"Yes, yes. Please write down your name down there" I motioned to the paper.

"Great" she said.

"I'm sorry, what's your name again?" Summer asked.

"Louise Scotts" she said proudly.

"Right. Is there anyone else interested?" Mr. Apple checked his watch.

"I'd like to try out too" a guy shot up from the side and picked up his guitar.

"Oh good, Niall Horan! What position?" Mr. Apple nearly skipped of happiness.

"Bass guitarist" Niall smiled and his perfect teeth made me melt.

"Go ahead Mr. Horan" Mr. Apple bit his nails and anxiously sat down.

"Let's play Smells like teen spirit again." Niall walked up next to me and started counting.

"One, Two. One, Two, Three, Four." And then we started.

I wasn't sure what I was doing but my eyes were focused on the boy, his fingers leading mine's pace. It was spectacular.
It was music to everybody's ears.

-

Dear sticky notes book, to self,

I once thought Summer had insane ideas that even the unicorns would question but now I think I should start going with her flow more often.