OOOOO9OOOOO

"He's here."

Wenwu wasted no time. And with  his army right behind him, he stalked right into Ta Lo, making his demands and fighting back viciously when met with resistance. 

They had a plan of sorts, it was really quite simple: keep Wenwu away from the Dark Gate. They could do that, right?

Maybe not...

With his army, especially Death Dealer and Razorfist, distracting the Ta Lo fighters - even Trevor and Morris suited up for battle - and his intense determination to free his wife from her supposed capture, he basicially waltzed right up to the Gate.  But  not before Shaun and Dryaa stood in his way.

Shaun seemed surprised when she joined him mid-father-and-son-fight.  "What are you doing?"

"This is my fight too. It's personal for all of us."

Wenwu stared them down. "Get out of my way."

"She's not back there, Dad."

The pain in his eyes was heart-wrenching.  "I have to save her, she's calling to me."

Dryaa sighed.  "Oh, Wenwu-" All of this was just so heartbreaking.  "She isn't calling to you. It's a dark dimensional creature who's preying on you-"

"Anything to take the Rings for yourself," he accused.  "Without them, you are nothing!"

"Your words, not mine. And couldn't that be said for anyone?"

"GET OUT OF MY WAY!" The Rings surged forward and struck her with a blast so strong it shot her back, sending her smashing into the mountainside housing the gate, and she crumbled limply to the ground. 

Shang-Chi saw red and lunged at his father, continuing their duel.

When Dryaa shakily and numbly started to come too, a bright light struck her vision. Her eyes flickered open to see everything was engulfed in a soft golden glow, the Rings swirling together in the air, all ten of them.

And Shaun was using them.

He held out his hands, the rings swirling around him. Wenwu appeared just as shocked.

For a rapid moment, it seemed like Shaun was going to blast his father with the Rings, but instead he cast them downward, sending them clattering to the ground at Wenwu's feet. 

There was a moment of still silence, only to be shattered mere moments later. 

The entire mountain shook with a great quake, and the Gate crumbled before them, a giant, dark, scaled creature smashing its way through.

The Dweller in Darkness.

It noticed them right away and seemed very interested, wanting to feast upon their souls after having been starved for so long. Wenwu gathered up the Rings and dove in, knocking his son out of the way - only for the monster to grab hold of him.

"No!"

But Wenwu seemed to accept his fate, and let the Rings fall from his wrists and onto those of his son. They resumed their soft golden glow as soon as they were worn by Shaun.

"Wenwu!" Now Dryaa was back on her feet, albeit shakily.

His body dropped limp to the ground and the creature, hungry for more souls, flew off in the direction of the village. 

Dryaa rushed to Wenwu's side, but their suspicions were quickly confirmed: he was dead. 

She bowed her head low.  "Goodbye, Old Friend."