The Base Violence Necessary for Change - Episode 3

Y/N was running down the streets and through allies, Vander and Benzo on her tail. The two had run into Benzo on their way but being too worried about Vi, Y/N kept running leaving Vander to explain. The girl was running as fast as she could hoping she would get there before the Enforcers, hoping she could keep Vi safe and get her back to her sister. Soon after, Y/N reached Benzo's shop and could hear the thumping of Vi's boots against the floor.
As she went to go in, Vander and Benzo came up behind her and Vander turned her around, making her look at him. The look was all Y/N needed to know what to do, get Vi in the back room and prepare for anything to happen. The three of them knew why it was only going to be Vi going in the room, Y/N was too stubborn to let them put her back there. They then headed towards the door with Vander being the one to open it with Y/N right at his side, and Benzo sticking to the back.

"Y/N/N? Vander?" Vi questioned upon seeing them, making Vander sigh knowing they got there in time.

"We don't have much time." Vander said as he and Y/N made their way to Vi, Y/N staying a little behind Vander, "I'm proud of you. Always have been." As Vander finished he grabbed the sides of Vi's head and held her close.

"I'm sorry, I..." Vi paused a little as Vander pulled away, letting Y/N walk up even though Vi was still talking to him, "This is the only way to protect the others."

"Except it's my job to take care of you." As soon as Vi heard Y/N's voice she hugged her, the two holding for a minute before pulling away.

Vander decided to speak up again, "You have a good heart. Don't ever lose it, no matter how hard the world tries to break you." He then heard Benzo call him and nodded to Y/N.

"Violet, I need you to listen to me carefully in case anything goes wrong, okay?" Vi nodded her head to the older girl and she sighed before speaking, "Vi, I love you. I have for a long time and it hurts me to see you hurt or upset, and I..." The girl stopped speaking when she heard the dog barking getting closer and looked back to Vander, who showed her a look of urgency  making her turn back around.

"Vi, I need you to protect everyone for me and please remember I love you." As Y/N finished she pulled Vi into a kiss, which was quickly reciprocated, but was cut short when Y/N started to push her back. Vi was soon at the bottom of the stairs and quickly looked to Y/N, seeing her mouth 'I'm sorry' before slamming the door closed and locking it, halting her from getting out. Y/N put her forehead to the door listening to Vi yell at her to open the door, trying not to break and just open it.

Near the door an Enforcer named Grayson entered and began to speak to Vander, "I'm guessing one or both of those are for me." Y/N looked over to see two Enforcers at the door, the one a bit in front nodding to the other began to make his way in and over to where the girls were. He was stopped short though when Vandor got in his way, confusing not only the Enforcers but Y/N too.

"You gonna let us make the arrest or not?" Marcus asked rudley, making Y/N stand up more straight.

"You'll oblige a doomed man one last smoke." Once hearing Vander's words, Greyson and Y/N gained shocked expressions, Greyson making her way to Vander. She went to go speak but didn't even get a word out before being slightly pushed out of the way by Y/N, seeing it Marcus went to pull out his gun but was stopped by Greyson. The young girl was now in Vander's the best she could and started talking.

"Vander what the hell! You can't go to prison, everyone down here needs you, you can't just up and leave. What about Mylo? Claggor? Powder? Vi?!" Y/N named off the same way he had just a little earlier, "You can't leave them! You're our father, you can't just leave, you..." Y/N was quickly cut off by Vander pulling her into a hug and her tone then went to a whisper, "I still need you, please don't do this."