Chapter 1

@DolphinGirl123456

"Have you ever wondered what would happen if ocean currents stopped?" Shellington asked. "Umm, not really matey." Kwazii responded from the other side of the room, where he had been tackling Tweak. "The climate would change drastically, especially in Europe and North America, where temperatures would drop extremely low."

Everyone had gotten used to Shellington's random science rants. No one really questioned it when he would look up from a book, and tell them about something he had read. Or when he got excited about a new discovery, and sounded the OctoAlert accidentally.

Dashi turned around in her chair. "Captain, we'll be arriving at our destination in 5 minutes." She announced. Captain smiled. "Octonauts, prepare to explore. Dashi, have we got a place to land?" Dashi consulted her computer. "Yes Captain. There's a nice flat spot on the seabed just over there." The dog's paws flew over the dashboard, preparing to land the Octopod. Her paws knew exactly which buttons to press, and they pressed each one at lightning speed. "Permission to land, Captain?" "Permission granted." Dashi turned the Octopod around, and lowered it smoothly to the ground, like she had done so many times before.

"Octonauts, get ready to go out and explore!" The Captain announced confidently. "Yeow!" Kwazii flipped into the OctoChute, raring to go. Peso jumped in after him, followed by Tweak and Shellington. Dashi and Captain slid deftly down the ladder, as they were so accustomed to doing.

"Ugh!' "Get off me!" "Is that my arm or yours?"

Tweak, Kwazii, Peso, and Shellington landed in a heap, struggling to untangle themselves.

"We're like that ball of yarn that I never managed to untangle!" "Or the flamingos, all tangled up in each other's legs!"

Captain and Dashi ran around the corner, and burst out laughing at what they were witnessing.

"Get your dumb tail out of my face!" "Hey, that's my ear you're pulling on!" "Where did my carrot go?!"

Still laughing, Captain and Dashi ran over to help them, untangling each of them individually. Once they were free, the whole crew ran down to the Launch Bay. They were very careful going down the next OctoChute.

They all grabbed air tanks and turned their helmets on. A few Vegimals waddled up to them, just as they were about to jump into the water. Tunip chirped something, and Shellington translated. "Tunip wants to know if the Vegimals can come too." He said. The Captain contemplated this. "I don't see why not." "Chipa chipa!" The little sprouts jumped up and down, cheering.

Kwazii swam next to Peso, telling him about some sea monster that supposedly lived around there. Peso gulped, and Kwazii assured him that he would protect him from the sea monster at all costs.

Tweak's ears twitched, and she stopped swimming, listening carefully. She turned left, gesturing to Dashi to follow her. Both girls gasped when they saw the crab. "Are you alright?" Dashi asked, concerned. The small blue crab was coughing, and from what they could see, very sick. "Uh, not really." The crab answered, between coughs. Tweak picked it up, and carried it over to Peso. "Don't worry, our friend can help you."

"Peso!" The penguin turned to see Dashi and Tweak swimming up to him, with a sick-looking crab in Tweak's paws. Peso got a stethoscope out of his medical bag, and recited his 'I'm a medic' speech, for what seemed like the millionth time.

@thethirdweasleytwin

Peso placed the stethoscope onto the crab's hard, smooth back, placed the eartips into his ears, and listened intently for something. His brows furrowed, and he leaned in just a little closer to hear for an irregularity in heartbeat. There was none, only a steady, regular heartbeat.