Chapter 4

@RainbelisaAwesome

Kwazii, Ryla and Tweak had just got back to the Octopod, and were preparing the herbs to give to the sick creatures.

"Are you sure it's gonna work, Kwazii?" Tweak asked nervously "It has too, Tweak" Kwazii said determinedly. It was his family they were talking about! He was not about to let anything happen to them, not anymore.

A glimpse of hope hovered in the room. Everyone hoped that the herbs would work, even though it was uncertain that they would. Soon the herbs were ready, mashed up nicely so they were easy to eat.

"Open wide little matey, it's gonna make you feel better," Kwazii said, passing Peso the herbs.

After he ate it, Peso fell asleep immediately.

"Was that supposed to happen?" Ryla asked, and Kwazii's face lit up "Yes. It was."

@Octonauts16

"What type of VOODOO magic did you do?!" Tweak said,

Kwazii rolled his eyes and crossed his arms, "It's not VOODOO, this will help Peso, and now we need to give it to Dashi and the rest of the crew."

Kwazii got up and dusted himself, and looked around and realized that Shellington was nowhere in sight.

"Where's Shellington..." Kwazii asked.

Meanwhile, Shellington was in his lab feeling Periwinkle's forehead. It felt hot, sp he took his temperature. 103.4 F. He looked through his notes and looked at the symptoms,

"Periwinkle," Shellington said, "Do you feel as if you are going to pass out, or does your tummy feel funny?"

Periwinkle nodded as he started to see the room starting to spin,

"U-U-Uncle Shellington..." The pup said in a weak voice, "I don't...I feel..."

"Peri?" Shellington said.

Everything went black! Periwinkle slowly woke up in the Sick Bay and looked around. He saw Dashi, Inkling, the Vegimals, and Peso laying down in beds. He then saw his Uncle, Mother, Kwazii, Tweak, and Ryla on the other side discussing something.

"No," Pearl said, "We can't leave him here, he'll get worse. He needs a doctor, in fact, We need a land doctor here instead of all of this making medicine stuff!"

"Pearl," Shellington said, "We have the stuff! He needs to stay here so he won't spread to others."

"He has a point," Kwazii said, "I mean, I want the little matey to get better as much as you do, but he needs to stay here so this virus won't spread like the plague."

Pearl looked at her friends, they were right, Periwinkle needs to rest so it won't spread anymore. So with a heavy sigh, she went over and hugged her little brother and his friend, and Periwinkle closed his eyes to rest as Pearl went over to hug Periwinkle and kiss his forehead.

@DolphinGirl123456

Pearl ran into the lab and curled up on Shellington's pop-up bed. She grabbed a pillow from underneath and lay down on it, hugging her knees to her chest.

That's how she was when Shellington found her, crying in a ball on his bed.

"Pearl!" Shellington cried as he entered the lab and ran to his sister's side. Pearl didn't even bother to look up, she knew who it was by the accent that was a mirror image of her own. She just pressed her head tighter into her knees. Shellington wrapped her in a hug, his clumsy arms holding her in a safe bundle.

Once Pearl had calmed down a bit, Shellington explained the situation.

"It's just until Peri gets better. You'll just have to stay here for a while."

"But he's not gonna get better for ages!" Pearl choked out between hiccups.

Shellington didn't know what to say to that, because it was true; Periwinkle would be sick for a while, just like the rest of them. "But he'll get better eventually, right? And we need you here to help us find a cure." Pearl nodded. She understood why she had to do this, she just didn't want to.

Meanwhile in the Sick Bay, the not-sick Octonauts were discussing what they were going to do.

"We could call in the rest of Peso's family, surely one of them will be able to help?" Kwazii suggested.

Tweak considered it, before telling him, "the Octopod isn't exactly big enough for all those penguins. And we don't want them to get sick and spread it to each other."

"What about Bianca?" Ryla was good friends with the Captain's sister, as she was with Min and Pearl as well.

"But what about her cubs?" Kwazii asked. Tweak put her paw to her chin, thinking of an answer. Her face brightened when she had the idea. "They can come here! We can get Pinto and Koshi too!"

"It sure would be nice to have some kids around," Ryla mused, smiling at the thought of the children she liked so much.

"But wouldn't they get sick too?" Kwazii asked the question Tweak had been hoping to ignore. "They can stay in the lab, or a different room while we work."

The rabbit weighed the pros and cons in her head, before sighing, and getting out her phone and dialing Bianca.