Chapter 9: Gunter's Show Idea

Then there was an act with flamingo dancers in different-colored jumpsuits and roller-skates. At first, it looked like Crystal liked them, but then he hit his buzzer.

"Okay, everybody, if you could leave immediately, single file, we'd appreciate that. Thank you very much," Jerry instructed.

The flamingo dancers left sadly and Crystal got up, only to run into Jerry.

"Jerry, for the love of..." Crystal growled.

"Sorry, sir," Jerry apologized.

"Well, where's the next group, Jerry? Why am I standing here waiting?" Crystal asked.

Jerry just stammered over his words.

"Be useful or be gone, okay?" Crystal said.

"Yes. Yes sir. Yes sir. Okay, um," Jerry replied, saw Buster, then asked him, "You. Hey. Hey. Yeah you. Little guy, you're here for the audition?"

"Uh, yes. Yeah, yeah, yes we are," Buster answered, turned to the cast, and told them, "Guys, we're on right now."

"Now?" they asked.

They all went out there, Buster grabbing a mic.

"Your name? Hey, your name please?" Jerry requested.

"Uh, it's Buster Moon from the New Moon Theatre. And we're very excited to share our story with you today, sir," Buster answered into the mic then asked the others "Right, guys?"

"Yeah, great. Now, get to it," Crystal told him.

"Of course. Yes," Buster nodded then told the others, "Okay, guys, just like we rehearsed."

They all posed, Jamie and Meena in the middle and the others around them. Miss Crawly then played "Let's Go Crazy" for them.

"This is the story of two ordinary high school girls who discover--" Buster started before a buzzer stopped them.

"Stop," Crystal told them.

"Stop?" Buster asked.

"He wants you to stop," Jerry repeated, Miss Crawly turning off the music.

"'Ordinary' and 'school'. Two words I will never be associated with," Crystal remarked.

"Never. Never," Jerry said.

"Where the heck did you dig these guys up from, huh?" Crystal asked.

"If you all could leave very quickly, we'd appreciate that, please," Jerry requested.

"I need big shows, Jerry! Big ideas!" Crystal said as the cast made their way offstage.

"Yes, sir. Big. The biggest," Jerry agreed.

"Hey! I have a big one!" Gunter volunteered.

"Okay, honey. Come on, let's go," Rosita told him as they headed off.

As they all headed out, Gunter rambled about his idea.

"You know, the sci-fi musical. That's big, right? I mean it's got the aliens and the robots and the lasers and these amazing songs from, like, Clay Calloway to..." Gunter said.

"Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa. Clay Calloway? I love Clay Calloway," Crystal said.

"I know, right? I mean, doesn't everybody?" Buster asked, getting the cast back onstage.

"Yeah. Yeah yeah yeah. See, Jerry? This is exactly the kind of big idea I'm talking about," Crystal remarked, approaching them.

"Yes sir," Jerry agreed.

"So, uh, so what's the show called?" Crystal asked.

"What's it called? Um...Gunter, you, uh, you want to, uh, tell Mr. Crystal what it's called?" Buster requested.

"Uh huh. It's called Out of this World," Gunter told him.

"Out of this World," Crystal repeated in awe.

"That's right. Just imagine it," Buster started, looked at Ash, then gestured, "Ash?"

"Uh, yeah. I got it," Ash nodded before tuning her guitar.

"A spectacular musical that takes your audience out of this world," Buster told him and they began singing.

[ASH:]
"I wanna run"
[JOHNNY:]
"I want to hide"
[ALL:]
"I wanna tear down the walls that hold me inside"

"I love this song," Crystal said.

As they kept singing, Johnny and Jamie held hands.

[ALL:]
"I wanna reach out and touch the flame
Where the streets have no name"

Then Suki walked in.

"Sir, your lunch meeting with..." Suki started, saw Buster, then exclaimed, "Oh my..."

"Not now!" Crystal demanded.

"Moon, how did you get in here?" Suki asked.

"Hey. He said not now. Psst," Jerry repeated.

"Yeah. I heard him. Thanks, Jerry," Suki remarked sarcastically.

"Are you telling me you-you got Clay Calloway's permission to use his song?" Crystal wondered.

"Well, what if I told you I did?" Buster asked.

"Oh, okay. So what? You got like some kind of personal connection to this guy?" Crystal questioned.

"How else would I get it?" Buster shrugged.

"Moon!" Ash scolded quietly.

"What is he getting us into?" Jamie whispered.

"Wait, if you know him, then you could get him in the show, right?" Crystal asked, Buster nodded, then Crystal commented, "Oh, that'd be huge for me. Huge."

"Sir, I'm sorry, but seriously? You think this little...guy from nowhere can get Clay Calloway in the show?" Suki questioned, crossing her arms.

"Well, Suki, for your information, I'm not just some little guy from nowhere," Buster stated then told Crystal, "Consider it done, sir."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Buster! What are you doing?!