Dad?

Eleanor
____________________________________
After chatting with Kat for what feels like hours, I finally say bye and go downstairs. Thankfully, Liam was off the phone with Dad so I successfully avoided talking to him.

"When is Cyrus coming home?"

He looks up from the phone, "He's on his way." he says, "By the way, I meant to ask, why didn't you want to talk to Dad?"

"He seems like a total douche."

He sets his phone down and walks next to me, "How would you know if you've never met him?" He mocks.

"Touché. But seriously, if he's anything like Mom then I want nothing to do with him."

"He's nothing like mom. He actually cares about us."

"Then why hadn't he reached out sooner?"

He laughs, "I forgot to tell you. Eleanor, Dad is getting married in a month."

I gasp, "HAHA WHAT?!"

He keeps a straight face, "We were invited but I told him you wouldn't budge."

"So are you going?"

He shakes his head, "Im not leaving you and Cyrus home alone, that's not fair."

"Do you want to go?"

He stops for a second, "I don't know. A part of me does, a part of me doesn't. He is our dad after all... Enough about that though. Did you text that girl?"

I become extremely flustered and hide my smile, "Maybe." I say quietly.

"Ooooh. So you did, didn't you?" He gives me a side eye smirk.

"Maybe I did, maybe I didn't." I shrug and trace my fingers along the cracks of the marble counters.

"You're smiling like an idiot. I know you're lying."

"You really like the word idiot don't you?"

He laughs, "Cy got me into the habit. But seriously, if you like girls theres nothing wrong with that."

I groan, "I know. I'm just confused."

"That's perfectly fine! You don't owe a sexuality to anyone."

He's right, "Yeah I guess."

"If you really want to figure it out, just say you're unlabeled until you're comfortable with something else. That's what I did." He pats me on the shoulder and walks away.

"Her name is Kat."

He stops and turns around, "So you DID talk to her! This is so exciting."

"You're pathetic, y'know that?"

"Mhm I bet I am."

A few minutes later, I hear the garage door open. Cyrus walks through the door for the first time since this morning. Seeing Liam's face light up when he walked through the door made my heart hurt more than seeing him without him. I've never been in a relationship in my entire life. I'm ready for someone to love me the way I'd love them.

They kiss each other delicately. Their love is the healthiest commodity one could experience. Their love so affectionate that they bring out the best in each other. I truly have never seen something more tender.

"Stop making me feel touch starved." I say.

They both look at each other then look at me, "Yeah well that won't last very long now will it?" Liam says teasingly.

"LIAM SHUT UP."

Cy's eyes widen, "Woah what does THAT mean?"

"El has a little crush."

I scoff, "I just met her today. Im not sure I actually have a crush on her."

Cyrus' jaw drops to the floor, "HER?"

I bury my face into the couch pillow in embarrassment, "Leave me alone"

For a good 5 minutes they tease me about having a crush. Specifically one on a girl.

Liam gets a notification on his phone, pulling him away from me and Cyrus. We both watch as his face turns pale.

"Eleanor... you might want to go upstairs..." I look at him, puzzled. Just before I can ask him what's going on the doorbell rings, "Go."

"What? No!"

Cyrus tugs on my arm, "El come on."

"NO."

"ELEANOR COME ON."

"Cy it's okay." Liam says going to the front door.

I knew exactly who it was without even seeing them. My heart races lividly as the man I hoped to never see in my entire life walks into my house. Even if he isn't a bad person, seeing Mom a while back made me have trust issues when it comes to Dad. They have no correlation with one another, but for some reason the way Dad is portrayed makes me not want to meet him. But here we are, face to face with each other.

"Dad?"
____________________________________

WORD COUNT: 736