Party Girl(s)

TW: Teen partying, alcohol, smoking, foul language
_________________________________
After school I search my closet desperately. What the hell am I supposed to wear to a high school party. Not even Pinterest could save me now. I look around at all of the clothes on the ground that could possibly be decent for a party. I finally settle on a plain blue sparkly dress and matching earrings.

 I finally settle on a plain blue sparkly dress and matching earrings

Wait. There is one small flaw in my plan. How am I supposed to make it out of the house with Dad here? There's no way he'd let me go anywhere dressed like this. Obviously Cyrus or Liam could take me but I still have to walk downstairs. Dad is probably sitting right at the bottom of the stairs in the living room.

I grab a jacket and my phone. Kat had previously asked if I needed a ride but I knew Liam would give both of us a hard time and probably tell her I like her so that was an immediate no.

I throw on the jacket and walk downstairs slowly. Sure enough, Dad is indeed sitting exactly where I expected him to be. But Cyrus is just behind him in the kitchen with Liam. I run past him, trying to not draw too much attention to myself.

"Hey can one of y'all take me to a friends house to study?" I wink at them, knowing for sure I had my back to Dad.

Liam looks at me and try's not to laugh. He holds it in so hard his face turns cherry red. Cyrus elbows him in the side, getting him to stop, "Sure, we'll take you."

"Thanks."

We walk towards the garage. Liam and Cy walk behind me to create some kind of barricade just in case Dad looks over.

"Hold on, wait up." He says, yelling across the house, "Where did you say you were going El?"

"Eleanor." I snap, "And i'm studying at my friends house."

"Let me see what you're wearing." He demands. I turn around, still having my jacket on, "Take off the jacket."

"No."

He raises his eyebrows at me, "Take. It. Off." I slowly slide the jacket off, knowing exactly what he's going to say, "Is this friend a boy or a girl?"

"Girl." I say proudly, "It's a theater project she needs help with. We're creating a prom scene and she needs a few extras, so I told her I'd do it."

He looks at me skeptically, "Liam. Make sure she's only at her friends house."

He nods, "Sure. I'll be there with her the whole time. Cyrus too."

He shakes his head, "Don't make me regret doing this."

I nod, "You won't."

When we all get into the car I give them each a high five, "That was surprisingly easy." Liam says.

"Dad is just so naive it truly baffles me." I laugh.